Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Newbie here

vfxtodd

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Todd Groves
Country
United States
City/State
Los Angeles
Hello everyone,
I joined Alpha Shooters after having picked up the A7iii. I picked up the ZV-1 about a month ago for vlogging and possible travel cam. But, I also wanted a 2nd camera to my BMPCC4K. As a low budget/indie filmmaker, I wanted the 2nd camera to have good autofocus for gimbal work as well as run and gun scenarios where quick setups were best.

In the near future, I hope to get the FX3 as a solid filmmaking camera I could shoot on its own for projects and as a more cinematic choice for filming by itself or alongside my other camera. In the meantime, I have been very happy with my experience with the A7iii. And look forward to sharing my experiences and hopefully helping others smoothly merge into the Sony Alpha universe.

Looking forward to meeting and exchanging ideas and stories with my fellow Alpha users.

Cheers.
Todd Groves

Greetings Todd & welcome to the Forum.

Thanks, Jeff.

.... low budget/indie filmmaker.... I hope to get the FX3 as a solid filmmaking camera....

... Looking forward to meeting and exchanging ideas and stories with my fellow Alpha users.
Welcome Todd, there's also a Video category under Genres that you might be interested in checking out.

Welcome! As Mike said, there is a video sub-forum here, and I for one would love to see more folks use it!
BTW, how has that ZV1 been working out for you?

Welcome! As Mike said, there is a video sub-forum here, and I for one would love to see more folks use it!
BTW, how has that ZV1 been working out for you?
The ZV-1 is amazing. It's quite impressive for its price and features. With the ZV-1 and A7iii it's great having access to such reliable autofocus. Plus, the image quality in both cameras is fantastic.

Welcome Todd, there's also a Video category under Genres that you might be interested in checking out.
Thank you!

Welcome Todd and thank you for joining up here. Any questions about the site please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

New in Marketplace

Back