Ok so where the heck are all you guys?

Hang in there, that new knee will be just fine after you've done the needful, worked hard at the PT and all that.... Not fun, of course, but think how much better it will feel to walk without pain one day!

By the way, have I missed something? I haven't seen any posts from Brownie for a while..... Hope he's OK! I recall that back around the beginning of the month he was scheduled to have cataract surgery on his other eye (first one done successfully) and also that he was planning to shoot the eclipse. Have we heard from him since, and I've just missed those posts?

By the way, have I missed something? I haven't seen any posts from Brownie for a while..... Hope he's OK! I recall that back around the beginning of the month he was scheduled to have cataract surgery on his other eye (first one done successfully) and also that he was planning to shoot the eclipse. Have we heard from him since, and I've just missed those posts?

Looks like he hasn't been around since April 3.

In hostipal with my right leg looking like it belongs to someone who weighs 40 stone, not 11...
Ouch. Really hope you make a speedy recovery Kev. You've got a good 12 months until the next London Marathon :)

Ouch. Really hope you make a speedy recovery Kev. You've got a good 12 months until the next London Marathon :)
Thanks Tim. I'll be fine, it'll be nice to be able to get out with the camera without being in agony or unable to walk. Might start posting again then.

Thanks Tim. I'll be fine, it'll be nice to be able to get out with the camera without being in agony or unable to walk. Might start posting again then.
The joys of getting older :( I already have a dodgy foot from falling down the stairs a few years back, a dodgy shoulder from overdoing it in the gym back in my twenties, and dodgy knees from running too much. I reckon I'll be due a few joint replacements before retirement! It's not nice to be in pain, that takes the joy out of everything. Fingers crossed that you are pain free again soon and able to get out and enjoy shooting again.

Been an another cruise round the Mediterranean, took camera but didn’t get to use it much this time sadly!

The wife wanted to have a go so I spent most of my time sight seeing 😬
IMG_1763.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 400

Speedy recovery Uncle Kev! Take it easy and get back on that camera soon enough!

The joys of getting older :( I already have a dodgy foot from falling down the stairs a few years back, a dodgy shoulder from overdoing it in the gym back in my twenties, and dodgy knees from running too much. I reckon I'll be due a few joint replacements before retirement! It's not nice to be in pain, that takes the joy out of everything. Fingers crossed that you are pain free again soon and able to get out and enjoy shooting again.

Same - dodgy shoulder from wightlifting in my early days. Now i work a lot on computer, and i really must be aware of my posture. Everyone that work on computer for hours a day should have a stretch and workout regimen, helps so much. I think companies would benefit a lot from arranging this for its employees.

I am currently at Brighton beach, a southern suburb of Adelaide & about 10 mins drive from where I live. I am attempting my first timelapse video with my A7R5 & Foolography Unleashed. Unfortunately I got here a bit late & I forgot my glasses! The sun should set in about 10 mins. It’s quite mild considering it’s only a month until the start of winter.

Last edited:
Wishing you for a fast recovery! Be patient though.
My wife is three months into having her second knee (full) replacement. Been on three cruises since the first one was done, amazing how well she gets around know and already, even after the second one.

From what I’ve seen it’s so well worth the short term pain to get it (them both) done 👍

No longer looking for my ship, having an afternoon tinkering with the KTM 🍊

IMG_1966.jpeg

Should really start riding it now I'm
not travelling 🙀

Back