Photography incomes

ianbarton

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Hey All,

I am curious to hear about how folks earn income from their photography. I am particularly interested in hearing about the less conventional genres such as wildlife, food, product or real-estate.

Thanks!
Ian

I sell my images as Art pieces.
I do a lot of long exposure photography and people like them on their wall apparently.

I got into photography for an interest and not to make an income out of it.
So I have not looked to see if I could make money out f it as yet.

I'm doing some craft stuff for a side hustle, and I plan to frame some of my better stuff and sell it at flea markets/ craft shows etc.

The last batch of frames I got were from the Target dollar section, but I don't think they still do that.

If I could find some $2.00 frames, I could crank out some 8X10's for just under $5.00 each.

Be pretty easy to double or triple my money!

It's slow, but if you promote yourself, it really helps. Add your page on every social media platform. Income for me was good last month but this month its been kind of slow.

How did you get started? Thanks.
I built a portfolio and got noticed by winning some competitions.
People started asking for large prints for their wall/offices.
The rest they say is history.
Never sell your work cheap, there is always someone out there that will pay the real value.
I also limit print runs.
My first client was over 6000 miles away, its a big world out there.

I built a portfolio and got noticed by winning some competitions.
People started asking for large prints for their wall/offices.
The rest they say is history.
Never sell your work cheap, there is always someone out there that will pay the real value.
I also limit print runs.
My first client was over 6000 miles away, its a big world out there.
Do you have any recommended resources to learn? Could I see some of your photos? Thanks

I help out at portrait and family shoots on a needs basis and also do bespoke work for business. Family photography is very competitive and it’s hard to avoid a race to the bottom with prices.

Diversification is a good appraoch!

Back