Followers
Following
Name
Keith Horkins
Country
Canada
City/State
Ontario
We’ve had a ton of snow over night here so I wasn’t expecting any activity on my feeders until my lady Pileated turned up..
F1415A03-974B-4505-8C34-C06562AF0FF4.jpeg
  • ILCE-9M2
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 2000
1BC8C8C0-166B-4C2C-8A02-F42BD87083FF.jpeg
  • ILCE-9M2
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 1600

We’ve had a ton of snow over night here so I wasn’t expecting any activity on my feeders until my lady Pileated turned up..View attachment 28100View attachment 28101
Ok, seriously? It's oatmeal, peanut butter, corn meal, and lard. What self-respecting woodpecker would turn that down? :ROFLMAO:

I finally had to refill mine yesterday. I was hanging it back up when two downy woodpeckers tried to land. They realized I was standing there at the last second and backpedaled in mid-air. Scared the crap out of me, they were close.

Ok, seriously? It's oatmeal, peanut butter, corn meal, and lard. What self-respecting woodpecker would turn that down? :ROFLMAO:

I finally had to refill mine yesterday. I was hanging it back up when two downy woodpeckers tried to land. They realized I was standing there at the last second and backpedaled in mid-air. Scared the crap out of me, they were close.
I’ve actually had one land on one log then it realized what it had done and flew off..
I made a whole new batch today…

She was "ready for her close-up" - and so were you! Nice images.
Now I want a peanut-butter cup 😋 hold the lard please.

Beautiful images Keith. Our woodpeckers have just returned. Now we just need a little snow but I won't be holding my breath!

Beautiful images Keith. Our woodpeckers have just returned. Now we just need a little snow but I won't be holding my breath!
Thanks Tim.. unfortunately for us that’s just a taster for what’s to come…

Came home from work and the bark butter is gone again. They've enjoying it, but I'm not getting to see them.

Back