Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Congratulations to last months competition winners and a big thanks to everyone who took part.

1st place with 10 votes was @Doug Herr with his fantastic capture of a loggerhead shrike.
2nd place with 7 votes was @WeeMalky with his beautiful shot of White-Tailed Sea Eagle on the Isle of Mull.
3rd place with 6 votes was @etiennescamera with his stunning shot of the Milky Way.

As mentioned last month, there is now only a prize for 1st place. I'll be in touch soon Doug to arrange.

For this month there is no theme again.

Competition Dates
Entries start: The date that this post is published.
Entries end: July 20th at 3am Eastern Time (9am GMT)
Voting starts: July 20th at 3am Eastern Time (9am GMT)
Voting ends: July 27th at 3am Eastern Time (9am GMT)

What Do I Get if I Win?
1st Place - The first place winner will receive a $50 (US Dollar) voucher for B&H Photo OR Amazon (you can choose depending on your country and preference).
2nd Place - There is no longer a second place prize I'm afraid.
3rd Place - There is no longer a third place prize I'm afraid.

There are no alternative prize options or cash options, so if you are unable to accept a B&H or Amazon voucher I'm afraid you will miss out on the prize.

If your local currency is something other than US dollars then the above amounts will be converted based on the exchange rate at the time.

In the event of a draw for 1st place the entry date will be extended but not past the last day of the month. If there are still equal votes for 1st place then the prize will be split. I can't think of a better way of doing this for the time-being! If this happens I may also only be able to offer Amazon vouchers since $20 is the minimum for B&H.

How to Enter + Rules
  1. Simply post your entry below. Please insert the image as full-size rather than a thumbnail so that the metadata displays underneath the image.
  2. Sony cameras only. Camera metadata must be included in the images to verify.
  3. Only submit images taken in 2023. The date must be included in the image metadata.
  4. Only one photo entry per member.
  5. Keep the photos clean and family friendly.
  6. Please don't use sky replacements or AI image generation.
How to Vote (when voting opens)
  1. Use the vote button (up arrow) to the right of the post (below post on mobile) to vote up images that you like
  2. You can vote on as many images as you like apart from your own
Feedback
I'd really appreciate feedback about how the competition is running but please don't post it in this thread. Instead please post any feedback in this thread in the Feedback Forum.

Thank you for participating and good luck!

Tim

Last edited:
  • Admin
Please note the rules folks.
  1. Sony cameras only. Camera metadata must be included in the images to verify.
  2. Only submit images taken in 2023. The date must be included in the image metadata.
  3. Only one photo entry per member.
  4. Keep the photos clean and family friendly.
  5. Please don't use sky replacements or AI image generation.
Thank you! :)

Upvote 0
Obviously not to everyone's taste, but this came out so well (thought not for the Heart and Dart Moth). It's a Noble False Widow, the only spider in the UK that can give a serious bite to a human, and people have had bad reactions and been hospitalised. They live in my garage :) Anyway, she was on this moth in a nanosecond and wrapped him in 30. Amazing sight, scary beast.
DSC05245 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
  • 90.0 mm
  • ƒ/18
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 80

Upvote 1
Alby the albino horse and lady
alby-2.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 160

Upvote 3
Sangiacomo Vineyards
Sonoma County, CA
sangiacomo mustard truck-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • 35mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art 012
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 200

Upvote 7
Waiting at Bordeaux.

A7C06904.jpg
  • ILCE-7C
  • FE 40mm F2.5 G
  • 40.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.5
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 3200

Upvote 1
I came across this cute little house down a sleepy lane in Cannes
cannes 2023 8.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70 mm F4 ZA OSS (SEL2470Z)
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

Upvote 3
Aloes under the Night Sky

20230718-A1_00110-Enhanced-NR.jpeg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 14mm F1.8 GM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 13 sec
  • ISO 4000

Last edited:
Upvote 5
Entries are now closed for this month and voting is enabled. Please vote using the up arrows to the right of each post on larger displays and below the post on smaller displays. You can vote for as many images as you like.

There is one image without metadata that I've asked the member to replace with metadata. If that's not done before the competition ends then that image won't be accepted. Rules are rules unfortunately! :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Metadata must be embedded with image entries. Entries must of been taken in the current or previous two months. Sony cameras only.
Back