Pulled the Trigger on a Sony A1

As good as reason as you'll ever need. I'm currently contemplating getting one too.

As good as reason as you'll ever need. I'm currently contemplating getting one too.
Unfortunately, so am I. It's the only one close to what I want. Still plan to see what the A9III brings, but probably will end up with an A1.

Sorry to hear about your friend, but I can fully understand the situation causing you to think about what is important to you. I've been there. I hope you enjoy the A1 - it's a versatile beast.

Congrats on the a1 Iain, it’s a cracking camera and I’m sure you’ll love shooting with it. I really hope your friend beats the odds and makes a good recovery. I also had a reminder earlier this year that life can be taken away from you far too quickly. I splurged a little too and increased my family time. I won’t be regretting saving more when I’m in a wooden box.

I'm living in anticapation waiting for it to arrive but its a bank holiday weekend here so it will be Wednesday before I get it.

There’s a lot of less healthy ways to throw a few pounds on entertaining yourself! Great choice.

Well I've just pulled the trigger on a A1. A friend of mine only a few years older than me is in hospital in an induced coma with a 50/50 chance of coming out of it. It made me think life is too short so enjoy it while you can.
Enjoy it in good health, Iain.

I have looked around. I’ll have to travel overseas to source a second hand A1, so the Nikon z8 looks very attractive! Can I mount Sony lenses on a Nikon?

I have looked around. I’ll have to travel overseas to source a second hand A1, so the Nikon z8 looks very attractive! Can I mount Sony lenses on a Nikon?
You have to push and turn REALLY HARD!

You have to push and turn REALLY HARD!
Then have some of this handy to make sure it stays there.

1685885014694.jpeg

Great shot of the owl ,presumably the A1 has bird eye focus does it also have human and animal ,just wondered if you can report on the differences between the different focus modes when you've given it more of a road test .

Great shot of the owl ,presumably the A1 has bird eye focus does it also have human and animal ,just wondered if you can report on the differences between the different focus modes when you've given it more of a road test .
Yes, it does have human and animal eye AF :)
Not insect, though...

Maybe, the A1ii will have spider eyes detection.

Back