Purple areas on images.

Paul Redfern

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Paul Redfern
I could do with your help. I shoot with a Sony alpha 6000. I think it’s a super camera. In the past two weeks about 2% of my images have been ruined by large squares, or rectangles, of purple. I don’t see these in the EVF, or on
the live view screen. They are only across an image once it’s uploaded to my laptop. I thought it might be caused by dust on the sensor so I’ve run the cleaning app and have also blown clean, dry air across the sensor. It’s made no difference. I can’t seem to find any contact details for Sony camera support, so I’m asking Sony camera users for their opinions instead.

Solution
If you'e not seeing them in your EVF or on the screen, then it's 'likely' not the camera. It sounds like a disagreement between the camera and computer. How are you uploading? How are you viewing them on the computer? What software are you using? Does it do it on more than one software?

Start by narrowing it down.
Thanks for your reply. I think you’re correct and it isn’t the camera. I’ve just changed the SD card in case there was some fault there. I usually upload via my Mac laptop and into Mac photos. I can upload via my ipad instead and into Photos there, so I’ll try that. It’s one of the variables I hadn’t considered. What I can’t understand though is why this has only started happening recently.
If you'e not seeing them in your EVF or on the screen, then it's 'likely' not the camera. It sounds like a disagreement between the camera and computer. How are you uploading? How are you viewing them on the computer? What software are you using? Does it do it on more than one software?

Thanks for your reply. I think you’re correct and it isn’t the camera. I’ve just changed the SD card in case there was some fault there. I usually upload via my Mac laptop and into Mac photos. I can upload via my ipad instead and into Photos there, so I’ll try that. It’s one of the variables I hadn’t considered. What I can’t understand though is why this has only started happening recently.

Solution
I could do with your help. I shoot with a Sony alpha 6000. I think it’s a super camera. In the past two weeks about 2% of my images have been ruined by large squares, or rectangles, of purple. I don’t see these in the EVF, or on
the live view screen. They are only across an image once it’s uploaded to my laptop. I thought it might be caused by dust on the sensor so I’ve run the cleaning app and have also blown clean, dry air across the sensor. It’s made no difference. I can’t seem to find any contact details for Sony camera support, so I’m asking Sony camera users for their opinions instead.
Do you shoot in raw or jpg? I ask because I am wondering if its there in the raw file.
There is also the possibility that your memory card is failing and corrupting your files?

Can you post a photo sample here?

Do you shoot in raw or jpg? I ask because I am wondering if its there in the raw file.
There is also the possibility that your memory card is failing and corrupting your files?

Can you post a photo sample here?
Thank you so much your response. Yes I do shoot in RAW, which has helped me track down the fault. I rechecked the contents of my SD card via my iPad and there were no images spoiled by the purple patches. So I deleted the spoiled images in Apple Photos and reloaded them from the SD card. Is this making sense? The reloaded images were free of any purple areas. So, my conclusion is that in the 1% to 2% of images with the purple areas on them were probably caused by some glitch in the upload process caused by my Macbook. A fellow Alpha Shooters member also gave me some suggestions. From the information I posted he suggested that there was no problem with my camera.

Thank you so much your response. Shooting in RAW has helped me track down the fault. I rechecked the contents of my SD card via my iPad and there were no images spoiled by the purple patches. So I deleted the spoiled images in Apple Photos and reloaded them from the SD card. Is this making sense? The reloaded images were free of any purple areas. So, my conclusion is that in the 1% to 2% of images with the purple areas on them were probably caused by some glitch in the upload process caused by my Macbook. A fellow Alpha Shooters member also gave me some suggestions.

Back