Recent Sony convert from Aus

phreeky

Newcomer
Followers
Following
In sunny Qld, Australia. I've recently gone to Sony on the A7IV (from various Canon bodies), so looking to pickup some ideas. Currently I'm just shooting with a range of adapted glass, so working out what the first native glass purchases will be. I mostly shoot sport, birding, airshows etc however also the usual travel and family snaps.

I'm a Linux user and so the other challenge is trying to work out my editing workflow.

Welcome phreeky and thank you for joining up here! We have a few members from Oz so you'll be in good company here :)

Well as Timothy has said there are a few of us on this forum now and welcome as well.
If you can get and 1000/400mm Sony lens it would make a good start to birding and Wildlife stuff.
I have a generic lens but would like to get that and the 600mm lens just saving to do to get there.
Look forwards to seeing some of your shots.

Thanks for the welcome!

I've just posted a few of my first bird photos in the gallery, hopefully there'll be many more. Some tough decisions to be made about future lenses, as I'd love the 200-600 however that adds a bit of bulk + weight over my adapted lens.

Back