Recommended firmware for 100-400gm

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Floridaplym

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Chris
Hi, does anyone know what the recommended firmware for 100-400gm lens is, for use for wildlife photos with A1?

Hi, does anyone know what the recommended firmware for 100-400gm lens is, for use for wildlife photos with A1?
Hi Chris. At the top of the page there's a Blog's and Resources link. Click it and you'll see more links, one for lenses. Tim has put together some fantastic information in there. I use the cameras link extensively.

To answer your question directly, it looks like the 100-400 is at Ver.03. There's a link in the table that takes you to the download page if you need it.

Thanks , that section is really useful. OK I can see on there that 0.3 is indeed the latest version, I guess my question is more this : is the latest version the best in this case, or are there bugs people have found with it?

I understand your trepidation given some of their releases. It's a pretty new update, maybe someone with that lens can comment. If you click the download link it says that it updates what was available in .02 and now in .03, but other than the general 'improves operational stability', it looks like most of the benefits are to 9 and 7RM5 users. Still, they may have some tidbits hidden in there. I guess if you're not experiencing problems wait and see. That's the avenue I took with my camera, I waited until the 3rd or 4th firmware update because I didn't see any of the problems they were 'fixing'.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back