Followers
Following
Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
I got these are my mates place as he has got it set up so well.
One thing I think I need to do is slow myself down a little as some shots were not that good.
I know these are off a little but this is me and my settings and in the next lot I will have new settings.
But this is what I got on this lot which is close but no cigar.
KRM00048.JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary 020
  • 249.3 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 125
KRM00049.JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 249.3 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 125
KRM00052.JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 246.1 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 400

I got these are my mates place as he has got it set up so well.
One thing I think I need to do is slow myself down a little as some shots were not that good.
I know these are off a little but this is me and my settings and in the next lot I will have new settings.
But this is what I got on this lot which is close but no cigar.View attachment 11609View attachment 11610View attachment 11611
We have a species of bird known as a "Parakeet" that are bred, raised and sold in the US as pets. A little different coloring though. I had pet Parakeets for most of my childhood. The males especially could learn to talk.

Jeff this is what I think you are talking about as this is what we know our budgie to be called in other parts of the world.
If it is then these are best popular pet bird in the world or they were the last time I looked and its been a while so I could be well of the mark now
But these all Budgie or to be fully correct the Budgerigar. These come in all colours and have got a massive range of types which all started with the little wild ones.
There have been White, Blue and Yellows in the wild birds but being that colour they stand out and get easily picked off by Hawks and all type of birds of Prey here.
The ones in this photo where just some of what I use to breed a long while ago. And are called the English Budgie as these are close enough to being twice the size of a wild one.
If I am wrong I'm sorry about going on about the wrong bird.
Colony 2.JPG
  • E3200
  • 5.8 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 10/601 sec
  • ISO 50

Jeff this is what I think you are talking about as this is what we know our budgie to be called in other parts of the world.
If it is then these are best popular pet bird in the world or they were the last time I looked and its been a while so I could be well of the mark now
But these all Budgie or to be fully correct the Budgerigar. These come in all colours and have got a massive range of types which all started with the little wild ones.
There have been White, Blue and Yellows in the wild birds but being that colour they stand out and get easily picked off by Hawks and all type of birds of Prey here.
The ones in this photo where just some of what I use to breed a long while ago. And are called the English Budgie as these are close enough to being twice the size of a wild one.
If I am wrong I'm sorry about going on about the wrong bird. View attachment 11628
These are exactly the bird I was talking about. Are these birds twice the size of your Red-rump Parrot?

These are exactly the bird I was talking about. Are these birds twice the size of your Red-rump Parrot?
No mate they would be just a little bit on half the size of the Red-rumped Parrot.
While the real wild one would be even less that that..
I actually hand raised a little wild one along with 5 of its siblings and the deal was do it and get one for free.
SO I got my little Bucky who was my little mate and would walk about going on that Bucky Dads boy.
It was his favourite saying. Then one night the cat jumped on to his cage knocking it down.
I think he had a heart attack as they are known to do that. A sad day for me it was.

No mate they would be just a little bit on half the size of the Red-rumped Parrot.
While the real wild one would be even less that that..
I actually hand raised a little wild one along with 5 of its siblings and the deal was do it and get one for free.
SO I got my little Bucky who was my little mate and would walk about going on that Bucky Dads boy.
It was his favourite saying. Then one night the cat jumped on to his cage knocking it down.
I think he had a heart attack as they are known to do that. A sad day for me it was.
Bummer. The older I get the more I treasure pets.

I agree as with him he would follow me by walking or flying. He was a good little shadow.

Back