Redesigned Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II Announced

I'm shooting a Sony A7iii, in Aperture mode with FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II lens. When switching the Iris Lock to the ON position, the lens is NOT locking the aperture. Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

I'm shooting a Sony A7iii, in Aperture mode with FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II lens. When switching the Iris Lock to the ON position, the lens is NOT locking the aperture. Has anyone else dealt with this issue?
I haven't had that problem. I normally have the aperture ring in A position, and control the aperture from the camera in A mode. I haven't seen the aperture change from the value I choose.

Any chance you have turned on Aperture Drive in AF? That might allow the aperture to change, but the shot taken should still be at your chosen aperture.

What symptoms are you seeing?

The aperture ring must be turned to the A position when you move the Iris Lock switch toward the front of the lens for the lock to function.

If the aperture ring is at any other position, the Iris Lock doesn't do anything except prevent you from turning the aperture ring to the A position.

Thank you. I finally figured it out. It was difficult to see because I had a Alphaguard skins on the lens and did not see the " A position. I appreciate the assistance.

Back