Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I have been unable to get out due to boney body issues and as much as I try to plan I wake up and know it's too dangerous to go out.
So I have been going through a few older shots and this is one I love and had to post it.
This is the PS Melbourne. The PS stands for Paddle Steamer if it was PV this would mean Paddle Vessel.
It is well over a 100 years old being built in 1912 and when the river is not in flood as it is at the moment it would be doing daily cruises along the River Murray.
This river is Australia's longest river and I live in Victoria and the border is the river. Meaning as soon as you step into the water you are then in New South Wales (NSW).
Jarred Knee 13-08-2019 (60).JPG
  • DSC-RX10M4
  • 8.8-220.0 mm f/2.4-4.0
  • 163.9 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 100

Nice. Sorry to hear you can't get out Ralph. I hope that situation improves soon.

Nice. Sorry to hear you can't get out Ralph. I hope that situation improves soon.
This is a big part of life for me and has been for a long while and a long while to come.
But when it hits as it is now then it becomes unfair and stops me from getting out.
I can get out but need someone to do the driving, but we are in flood conditions here so more than 3 quarters of birding spots are out of bounds.
Though I will get through it. Plus I have to talk with Slug as we are going to his neck of the woods in March and he could have some tips on just where to go while in Tasmania.

Sorry to hear that Ralph, hope you can get back to some normalcy soon.

Sorry to hear that Ralph, hope you can get back to some normalcy soon.
Thank you for your concern and I am with you on this and I will admit to this one lasting far longer than most of my attacks.
What it boils down to is that it's far too dangerous for me to go out on my own and most of my so called mates are there for the good times.
So I just can safely go over to the local wetlands where the birds have filtered themselves .

@Aussie

Hope you feel better soon and are able to get out more.

Thank you and I do miss my outing's but being safe is the main thing.
I do have one mate who has been locked away due to the floods in our area and he has said once he is able to get out he will come and get me. So I am looking forwards to that one.

Stay well, health comes first for sure. I would certainly go for a trip on that, beautiful to see and looks great.

Danny.

Stay well, health comes first for sure. I would certainly go for a trip on that, beautiful to see and looks great.

Danny.
Thank you Danny. The fella that has asked me to go out with him is the leader of our bird photography group and he know our area so well.
I have never seen him make wrong turn or anything and a plus to it is he knows where the birds are as well. So even if I am as bad on that day I am going.

Back