Followers
Following
Name
Geffrard Bourke
Country
United States
City/State
Kalispell, Montana
This was taken back in February in Yellowstone, NP. The stream was along the side of the road. This one caught this very large fish and was on the run as several other otters spotted him and gave chase.

_A928416-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIME-Edit-Edit.jpg
  • ILCE-9M2
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS + 1.4X Teleconverter
  • 832.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 1600

Nice. I was also there in February (three days) and in spite of looking, did not see any river otters.

(I am going to Rocky Mountain NP for three days early June and hope to see some there).

Nice. I was also there in February (three days) and in spite of looking, did not see any river otters.

(I am going to Rocky Mountain NP for three days early June and hope to see some there).
Thank you. They were quit hard to find. They were very active first thing in the morning.

Ironically the only place I have seen (north american) river otters in the wild is also the only place I have seen sea otters in the wild. They were both in Resurrection Bay in Seward, Alaska. (I didn't know river otters went into the ocean until I saw them there). I have also seen a wild european river otter in Spain.

Superb

That otter is a better fisherman than I am LOL
Nice capture.

That guy got a very nice prize. It's large enough to slow him down. He probably wound up sharing it. Great shot Geff.

That guy got a very nice prize. It's large enough to slow him down. He probably wound up sharing it. Great shot Geff.
Thank you.

Back