Followers
Following
Name
Rodger Richardson
Country
United States
City/State
Delray Beach
New member, long time Minolta / Sony user / First time full frame user, A7IV, Tamron 28-200 F2.8, LE-EA5 A - E converter and plenty of A mount lenses from Minolta, Sony and Tamron APS-C to Full frame, hoping to learn the intricacies of the new gear before I head out to my London Scottish Highlands and Paris vacation in April.

New member, long time Minolta / Sony user / First time full frame user, A7IV, Tamron 28-200 F2.8, LE-EA5 A - E converter and plenty of A mount lenses from Minolta, Sony and Tamron APS-C to Full frame, hoping to learn the intricacies of the new gear before I head out to my London Scottish Highlands and Paris vacation in April.
Welcome! I'm heading that way in mid-April too! We'll be doing London and then Scotland (Edinburgh, Inverness, maybe Skye) before turning around and heading back to south Florida. I'm an APSC user and relatively new to photography, so my pictures will be on the more amateur side of things.

Welcome! I'm heading that way in mid-April too! We'll be doing London and then Scotland (Edinburgh, Inverness, maybe Skye) before turning around and heading back to south Florida. I'm an APSC user and relatively new to photography, so my pictures will be on the more amateur side of things.
Wow, what a coincidence, wifey and I are big "Outlander" fans and as we are coming to our 40th, I thought I would spoil her with a trip to pay her back for putting up with me for 44 years in total :) , somewhere along my pedigree on my grandfather's side, were born and raised in Scotland, so that will be exciting for me especially.

Wow, what a coincidence, wifey and I are big "Outlander" fans and as we are coming to our 40th, I thought I would spoil her with a trip to pay her back for putting up with me for 44 years in total :) , somewhere along my pedigree on my grandfather's side, were born and raised in Scotland, so that will be exciting for me especially.
HAH! Same here! Wife loves Outlander and I've got the theme song stuck in my head again :ROFLMAO:
My father in law was born and raised in Scotland, but my Scottish roots are 200 yrs removed.
I listed my original itinerary in this thread: https://www.alphashooters.com/community/threads/planning-a-scotland-trip.3282/
However, with recent developments, my "Great Scottish Roadtrip" will probably end up being a few days in Edinburgh and Inverness.

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary!

Welcome to the forum Rodger and thank you for joining up here. That sounds like a nice trip to celebrate your 40th! :) We will hopefully be celebrating our 1st year come September this year. Will be chuffed if we make it to 40 years too! Although I will probably have a walking stick by then!

" I will probably have a walking stick by then!" --- lol almost there :cool: , it going to be interesting see how the hiking goes to get some good landscapes

Back