Samyang 50mm f:1.4 Mk II

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

erikbock

Original poster
Followers
Following
Feb 1, 2022
Name
Erik Bock
I've always had a 50mm lens in my bag. It doesn't get a ton of use but it always got used. I'm thinking abut the Samyang f:1.4 MkII. The price seems to be a good price point just wondering about the lens it's self and please don't tell me to get the $2000 Sony f:1.2 I had that happen in another forum elsewhere. It's not in the cards for that price and what I would use it for.

krisljungberg

Followers
Following
Apr 2, 2022
Name
Kristoffer Ljungberg
Country
Sweden
City/State
Norrköping
I was looking for a 50mm to the Sony as well, but to be honest, I wasn't convinced by any. I had the Nikkor Z 50mm f/1.8 on my Nikon Z6 which was amazing. Doesn't seem like there is any GIVEN 50mm lens to the Sony system, except the GM lens maybe? ;D

The Sigma 50 f/1.4 seems to be a good option though and I might go for that one. A bit old now but seems to hold up nicely against the competition anyway.

Brownie

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Oct 22, 2021
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
I have the Samyang 35/1.4 and have used Samyang/Rokinon (same company) on M-4/3 for years. No issues with quality. I bought mine from KEH in Like New condition, original paperwork, factory refurb and full warranty for $350, about half the cost of new. Check out KEH and MPB, they both have liberal return policies. Might be a cheap way to try one out if you aren't sure.

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.