Samyang 50mm f:1.4 Mk II

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

erikbock

Followers
Following
Name
Erik Bock
I've always had a 50mm lens in my bag. It doesn't get a ton of use but it always got used. I'm thinking abut the Samyang f:1.4 MkII. The price seems to be a good price point just wondering about the lens it's self and please don't tell me to get the $2000 Sony f:1.2 I had that happen in another forum elsewhere. It's not in the cards for that price and what I would use it for.

I was looking for a 50mm to the Sony as well, but to be honest, I wasn't convinced by any. I had the Nikkor Z 50mm f/1.8 on my Nikon Z6 which was amazing. Doesn't seem like there is any GIVEN 50mm lens to the Sony system, except the GM lens maybe? ;D

The Sigma 50 f/1.4 seems to be a good option though and I might go for that one. A bit old now but seems to hold up nicely against the competition anyway.

I have the Samyang 35/1.4 and have used Samyang/Rokinon (same company) on M-4/3 for years. No issues with quality. I bought mine from KEH in Like New condition, original paperwork, factory refurb and full warranty for $350, about half the cost of new. Check out KEH and MPB, they both have liberal return policies. Might be a cheap way to try one out if you aren't sure.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back