People Senior Pictures

Gigi

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
One of the young seniors I work with, asked if I could shoot her casual senior photos. Obviously I told her I'm a noob, and I am happy to take the pictures for free. (I'm not trying to be a professional photographer or anything like that. Plus I like the practice)
I have an a6500. What lens would you recommend? I'm going to rent one from lensrentals.com for this.
The photos will be outside.. Sand, beach and tree's backgrounds. If that helps. I'll shoot mostly in auto. Lol just to make sure I get the shots.

Thanks!

One of the young seniors I work with, asked if I could shoot her casual senior photos. Obviously I told her I'm a noob, and I am happy to take the pictures for free. (I'm not trying to be a professional photographer or anything like that. Plus I like the practice)
I have an a6500. What lens would you recommend? I'm going to rent one from lensrentals.com for this.
The photos will be outside.. Sand, beach and tree's backgrounds. If that helps. I'll shoot mostly in auto. Lol just to make sure I get the shots.

Thanks!
I’ll be doing my daughters once weather cools down a bit. I bought the Sigma 56 f1.4. This is a stellar lens, probably my favorite. Prior I had the Sigma 60mm f2.8. This is also a fantastic lens which I bought new for a bit over $100. Fantastic value and took awesome pictures. I would have kept it if no or my addiction to have the latest and greatest. I‘ve seen nice results also with the Sony 50mm 1.8, though not quite as sharp as the Sigmas. You can buy this lens used for a pod price as well if you wan to keep something.

Thank you for your help! I'll look into it.
Do you need a converter of some sort? Or is it a native lens?

I’ll be doing my daughters once weather cools down a bit. I bought the Sigma 56 f1.4. This is a stellar lens, probably my favorite. Prior I had the Sigma 60mm f2.8. This is also a fantastic lens which I bought new for a bit over $100. Fantastic value and took awesome pictures. I would have kept it if no or my addiction to have the latest and greatest. I‘ve seen nice results also with the Sony 50mm 1.8, though not quite as sharp as the Sigmas. You can buy this lens used for a pod price as well if you wan to keep something.

I'd recommend Sony 50mm f1.8 oss as a good portrait lens also. Sigma great no doubt. Sony can be got cheaper used.

Here are a few SOC using the 16-50 kit lens...
DSC00347.JPG
DSC00348.JPG

Back