Following
Name
Keith Horkins
Country
Canada
City/State
Ontario
Question..
Has anyone tried the Sigma 100-400mm on the A7r4 and if so what are your thoughts šŸ’­ā€¦ The Sony 100-400 GM is out of the question so please donā€™t suggest it.. plus I have the 200-600mm .
Iā€™m looking for a lighter alternative to use with my a7r4..

Question..
Has anyone tried the Sigma 100-400mm on the A7r4 and if so what are your thoughts šŸ’­ā€¦ The Sony 100-400 GM is out of the question so please donā€™t suggest it.. plus I have the 200-600mm .
Iā€™m looking for a lighter alternative to use with my a7r4..
I went the same way and for the same reasons. So far I've only messed around with it on the 7IV. I can try it on a 7R-III, but that would be about it. Results so far are excellent.

WARNING! Make sure you're aware of the firmware upgrade that has to be done, but you cannot do yourself at home! Moreover, Sigma expects the buyer to send it to them at the buyer's own cost for the upgrade. I went through a mess when I bought mine. The end result is excellent, but getting there was a pain.

Even though this issue it well over a year old, do not make the same mistake as me and assume all lenses in stock have had the firmware updated by now. They do not.

I am going to send you a link via PM to another forum wherein I recounted the entire ordeal. My words of advice:

• ASK the seller to check and see if it has the updated Firmware, I think it was V. 2.
  • If not, RATTLE Sigma's cage and they'll send you a shipping label so you don't have to pay to have your brand-new lens shipped back to the factory. That issue along with their responses and pointing fingers at Sony during this process has soured my attitude on Sigma.

I went the same way and for the same reasons. So far I've only messed around with it on the 7IV. I can try it on a 7R-III, but that would be about it. Results so far are excellent.

WARNING! Make sure you're aware of the firmware upgrade that has to be done, but you cannot do yourself at home! Moreover, Sigma expects the buyer to send it to them at the buyer's own cost for the upgrade. I went through a mess when I bought mine. The end result is excellent, but getting there was a pain.

Even though this issue it well over a year old, do not make the same mistake as me and assume all lenses in stock have had the firmware updated by now. They do not.

I am going to send you a link via PM to another forum wherein I recounted the entire ordeal. My words of advice:

• ASK the seller to check and see if it has the updated Firmware, I think it was V. 1
  • If not, RATTLE Sigma's cage and they'll send you a shipping label so you don't have to pay to have your brand-new lens shipped back to the factory. That issue along with their responses and pointing fingers at Sony during this process has soured my attitude on Sigma.
Is there a dock like the Nikon version

Is there a dock like the Nikon version
Yes, but the original firmware does not let you do it at home. Read the link I sent you. Once they make the changes at the manufacturer you'll be able to do future changes at home. It's actually not a firmware upgrade, they're just calling it that. It's a deep change to the programming.

Thanks everyone for the feedback..
Iā€™ve been on the phone with my local photography store here in Ontario and they actually took one out of the box and checked it on a Sony camera and it is version 2 šŸ˜Š

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back