Name
Uncle Kev 😆
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
A selection of shots of this fabulous, solitary Stag at Knole Park. They aren't a widespread species in the UK, only a few parks have them, and I've only ever seen one at Knole (there are others). He's a stunning beast. The square crops are because I accidently shot 16/9 all day and 6/4 crops had too much negative space.
DSC04808.jpg
DSC04812.jpg
DSC04813.jpg
DSC04818.jpg
DSC04833.jpg
DSC04838.jpg
DSC04846.jpg
DSC04850.jpg
DSC04882.jpg
DSC04890.jpg

Some crackers there Kev! I bet you kicked yourself when you checked the images and realised they had all been shot in 16:9 ratio! :) Still, you have definitely rescued them nicely! I did the same once after forgetting I'd switched to 16:9 to shoot a time-lapse.

Some crackers there Kev! I bet you kicked yourself when you checked the images and realised they had all been shot in 16:9 ratio! :) Still, you have definitely rescued them nicely! I did the same once after forgetting I'd switched to 16:9 to shoot a time-lapse.

Cheers Tim. Literally no idea how it happened, other than I had assigned a button to change it at a single press a while back, as I was experimenting with shooting square for Butterflies. I've taken that off now, cropping 6/4 from 16/9 was not easy on a lot of shots. So much resolution to play with though, so all good.

You did well with the lighting Kev, my heart can visibly be seen sinking when the strong sun comes out!

You did well with the lighting Kev, my heart can visibly be seen sinking when the strong sun comes out!

I don't mind it. it really brings out details. One of the greatest things about the viewfinder in the RIV is seeing your changes immediately before you shoot.

Back