• ILCE-7RM2
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 100

That first shot is beautiful

That first shot is beautiful

Thanks, Kev.
Coincidentally this first shot was taken during those widespread forest fires in California, which I was told put huge amounts of smoke and dust into the atmosphere — which I assume accounts for the unusually colorful appearance in this shot. I’m not sure how it works in the UK, but here in the United States the sun rises in the East and sets in the West. So since California is west of us here and is located not too far from the United States — their unfortunate tragedy created an wonderful opportunity for this picturesque backdrop. Ordinarily, sunsets aren't this dramatic.

Thanks, Kev.
Coincidentally this first shot was taken during those widespread forest fires in California, which I was told put huge amounts of smoke and dust into the atmosphere — which I assume accounts for the unusually colorful appearance in this shot. I’m not sure how it works in the UK, but here in the United States the sun rises in the East and sets in the West. So since California is west of us here and is located not too far from the United States — their unfortunate tragedy created an wonderful opportunity for this picturesque backdrop. Ordinarily, sunsets aren't this dramatic.

It's the same here, and we get odd anomalies that create things like this. Sad as that was, I've seen some stunning shots of landscapes from that time.

Back