Following
Name
Gary
Country
United Kingdom
As title Athens over due edits 9 and Zeiss 24-70 just a few sample shots
athens 2023 15.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70 mm F4 ZA OSS (SEL2470Z)
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 100
athens 2023 16.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/14
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 100
athens 2023 12.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • 42.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 100
athens 2023 9.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • 61.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 125
athens 2023 10.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/13
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 250
athens 2023 21.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 160
athens 2023 2.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • 49.0 mm
  • ƒ/14
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 200
athens 2023 11.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • 51.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 200

Beautiful and crisp pictures!

Nice set! If you had a do-over - what would you recommend seeing first or skipping in Athens?

We've got an upcoming trip and have never been there. The only tour we've booked in advance is the Parthenon. TIA!

Nice set! If you had a do-over - what would you recommend seeing first or skipping in Athens?

We've got an upcoming trip and have never been there. The only tour we've booked in advance is the Parthenon. TIA!
Athens is one of the few places in Europe we have only visited once, but changes made last year to the entry of acropolis mean you must pre book that before travelling because entrance is now timed slots only through out the day and it can be chaos. The views from the acropolis are worth the visit alone, and that visit was the first on our list and because of how busy Athens is at least in high season ie May - October it can be difficult to travel around the city quickly, it was in fact so hot that day even in October that we did little else apart from stroll a few streets and sit in a couple of bars before returning to the cruise ship, so not much help really

Last edited:
Nice and clean pictures. I loved Athens when I visited it in 2022.

Nice and clean pictures. I loved Athens when I visited it in 2022.
For sure Alex it will be on my list again this year hopefully still a lot to see but it is crazy how fast a day passes in these busy places ;)

Iiggy, if you get a chance while in Athens, it's worth venturing out of the capital a little and visiting Delphi, it's close to Athens, about a two hour drive. Stunning views and the Oracle, the entire area is a World Heritage Site.

Iiggy, if you get a chance while in Athens, it's worth venturing out of the capital a little and visiting Delphi, it's close to Athens, about a two hour drive. Stunning views and the Oracle, the entire area is a World Heritage Site.
Is it possible to get there by public transport?

Is it possible to get there by public transport?
I don't think there is public transport from Athens, but you will be able to book a tour. I hired a car and drove, went on a bit of road trip.

Athens is one of the few places in Europe we have only visited once, but changes made last year to the entry of acropolis mean you must pre book that before travelling because entrance is now timed slots only through out the day and it can be chaos. The views from the acropolis are worth the visit alone, and that visit was the first on our list and because of how busy Athens is at least in high season ie May - October it can be difficult to travel around the city quickly, it was in fact so hot that day even in October that we did little else apart from stroll a few streets and sit in a couple of bars before returning to the cruise ship, so not much help really
Excellent. Our hotel has a direct view of the Acropolis and as luck would have it our tour is for *both* the Parthenon and Acropolis. All set :)

We're going to have a few days pre and post cruise so we'll be able to freelance - thank you!

Beautiful pics!

Back