Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
It looks like Sony has suspended the new A1 firmware update due to the following reason:

It was confirmed that some products updated to Ver.2.00 may not be able to connect to the network.
Due to this issue, we have suspended the update. (March 29, 2024)

I was thinking I might wait to see if there was a 2.01 that fixed a possible issue with focus breathing compensation. Guess that decision has been taken out of my hands...

Sony is notorious for this. It's why I always wait.

I have never been an early adopter of software, firmware, etc. It used to be received wisdom not to be.

oh a bit embarrising ,mine seems ok but i do not to try and connect my camera to anything network related.

Pulled because everyone moaned about it being crappy anyway :D

Pulled because everyone moaned about it being crappy anyway :D
And most are not A1 users or a7iiiis users either ,actually i thought the firmware was quite nice a complete new ui at first very underwhelmed but ,fairly happy with something in the end ,really the only deal i want is 3rd party restriction stopped and pre capture ,ok focus stacking at a pinch and some video tracking with subject ai but not essential for me .

And most are not A1 users or a7iiiis users either ,actually i thought the firmware was quite nice a complete new ui at first very underwhelmed but ,fairly happy with something in the end ,really the only deal i want is 3rd party restriction stopped and pre capture ,ok focus stacking at a pinch and some video tracking with subject ai but not essential for me .
All of that is available! Just spend another $7500 on the A1M2!

WellI must have been one of the lucky ones as I did mine yesterday and used it today. No problems.

If you have any interest in the focus breathing compensation, you might want to check that it's working properly - there area a few reports that it can be glitchy.

All of that is available! Just spend another $7500 on the A1M2!

Eventually, yes. But don't say it too loudly or they will moan that it's not available today...

Although I'm not sure you got the price right. I'd hope it's not more than $7499.

Picked my A1 from Sony Pro Services today, the firmware was halted because of a number of issues. Connectivity just being one of them.
Figured there was more to it, thanks for the heads up.

Back