Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
If you are interested in a very small compact zoom lens then Bernard Déry has written a very comprehensive review for the Sony FE 28-60mm F4-5.6 lens over on our blog.

It is a spot on review, I got the lens with the A7C back in October on early reports as it seemed too good to miss at the price and weight/size. Very glad I did - it is not a GM - or fast - but it has its plusses and spends a lot of time on the A7C.

I really would like to grab that lens and in the meantime you can buy it as a single lens. Although I would have preferred a 24-60mm.
But looking at a price of 450€ for a kit lens, makes me wonder to do it.

Well I hope time will lower the price more and more.

I think the lens suffers a little from the 'Kit Lens' name that it has been saddled with. I shot a few with mine the other day on my A7RIV and it acquits itself pretty well. Fred over on FM ran some comparisons against the Voight 40mm Nocton and Sigma 45mm and it performs very well.

I agree it would be nice if it were 24mm at the wide end - but that might be the price for the small size and weight. Here is a link to some of my early test shots with the A7C and most are with the 28-60 - there are one or two with the Summicron 40mm and Contax G45mm - and a couple with Tamron 17-28 - but that gives you a bit of context. These are not scientific, or lens tests, just me trying out the A7C in its early days and some were SOOC before there was any Raw support.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back