Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Country
Australia
City/State
Sydney
A lot of other photography forums have separate threads dedicated to images from specific lenses. Wanted to do the same for a range of lenses, and thought I'd create specific ones for the lenses I have.

Please feel free to post up your pics to serve as samples of what the FE 85mm f1.8 can produce! :)

Outstanding studio portrait lens. Even outdoes Sigma 85 f1.4 DG DN in what concerns AF performance (and why I regret a bit having done the upgrade).
This lens (and its price point) + the A7iii (and its price point) is what made me take the decision to dump my previous micro 4/3 system and switch to FF, ever so happy I did it.
CPA_Faustino.Raquel-2019-7M3_30046-Master_m.jpg
  • ILCE-7M3
  • Sony FE 85mm F1.8 (SEL85F18)
  • 85.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 100

Outstanding studio portrait lens. Even outdoes Sigma 85 f1.4 DG DN in what concerns AF performance (and why I regret a bit having done the upgrade).
This lens (and its price point) + the A7iii (and its price point) is what made me take the decision to dump my previous micro 4/3 system and switch to FF, ever so happy I did it.
View attachment 14929
That is a really good shot. I'm on the fence between this 85mm and the Sigma 85mm f1.4 DG DN Art lens but this picture definitely makes me lean towards the Sony lens. It is $450US less than the Sigma at Abes of Maine.

That is a really good shot. I'm on the fence between this 85mm and the Sigma 85mm f1.4 DG DN Art lens but this picture definitely makes me lean towards the Sony lens. It is $450US less than the Sigma at Abes of Maine.
The only IQ drawback of the Sony is worse Chromatic Aberration in backlit situations, otherwise (price, size, weight, AF) it beats the Sigma.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back