Deals Sony Prices rising on 1 September 2022?

AlphaWorld

Veteran Member
Followers
Following
Name
Tony
According to Sony Alpha Rumors (not the most reliable source!), Sony has announced that a lot of cameras and lenses will get price rises on 1 September due to a combination of factors (not a surprise, to be honest). There is a list of the cameras and lenses that are going up, but it's basically all the cool ones (interestingly, I think the A7R series is exempt?).

If you are teetering on the edge of a purchase, this might be some extra motivation to buy now...

Yes, I know this isn't a "hot deal", but this seemed the best place to put it.

Followed by Christmas discounts :) Or perhaps they will skip the discounts this year, who knows. If they do announce the a7R V then we might see the a7R IVA drop in price a little, that's already been discounted by $500 this year once or twice.

However, I expect a sharp drop in the price of some lenses with serious competition, specifically the 24GM and 85GM. In the case of the 24GM, I predict that discount around the same time the new sigma is available for sale. I suspect the 20G won't, as its new competition is much heavier and bulkier, and doesn't appear to be significantly better in terms of optical quality.

I suspect we may see a surge of 85mm f/1.4 GM lenses on the secondhand market if Sony does release an 85mm f/1.2 GM (not technically a mark II, but the 85mm GM is the last of the first three GMs after they released the 24-70, and before it the 70-200...)

Price increase is not a concern because Sony shooters are all rich! ;)

Back