Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Looking up and there this was just sitting there. It is out of breeding season here so I think it is just having a rest, but I could be wrong on that as well.
But looking at this I just could work out what was the best was to post this. I took a few more as I knew I was going to have trouble working it out.
So what do you here think is the best one to look at out of these 3 different shots.
Nowingi &  Hattah 3-05-2022 (645).JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary 020
  • 333.1 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 250

Shot One
Nowingi &  Hattah 3-05-2022 (650).JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 273.1 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 250

Shot Two
Nowingi &  Hattah 3-05-2022 (654).JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 273.1 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 250

Shot Three

Great to see one in it's natural environment. Nice shots Ralph.

I like the positioning of the birds head in shot #1. Just my opinion.
Thank you and that is what I am after as I can't work out which is the better pose.

Nice shots, Ralph. Is the Cockatoo's demeanor in your country just like any other wild bird, or are they somewhat warmer to humans?

Nice shots, Ralph. Is the Cockatoo's demeanor in your country just like any other wild bird, or are they somewhat warmer to humans?
The Galah's which are Grey and Pink are at times in love with humans and I have had them land in tree's just above my head and then make a lot of nise as to say well take my photo. This has happened to me a few time's now and they still know how to enjoy life as well. But you get the Greater Blue Bonnet and they are real pains as they will fly off once you get focus on them. Really annoying. So it can depend on the bird as a single one but like the last one they almost all are like this. And then we have got the Mulga Parrot which can be quite good and will let you get nice and close to get your shots. So this is just a few of what they can be like.
Again thanks for your comment as I really do appreciate them completely.

Back