Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I have posted shots of this one before and to that I am saying this is a she.
As she has been in this hollow for a long time now.
When I go out to the place called Hattah National Park I do look for her.
So these are update shots.
My Outing 16-08-2022 (1038).JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary 020
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 100
My Outing 16-08-2022 (1044).JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary 020
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 100

So strange to think we only see these caged here. Nice shots Ralph.

So strange to think we only see these caged here. Nice shots Ralph.
These in the wild are heard well before they are seen. And a hit to all never sit under a tree where these are.
If you sit there you will need full body amour as these will just drop branches from you little finger size in thickness to your thumb size
easily and they can hit the ground hard. So just on this point they can be dangerous.
But I do know people who have got them in a cage and they can get really loud at times as well.

I once had a job on Hamilton Island and will never forget that I would have few Sulfur Crested Cockatoos visit my balcony at the hotel everyday. It was funny expected seagulls and seeing these beautiful birds instead.

I once had a job on Hamilton Island and will never forget that I would have few Sulfur Crested Cockatoos visit my balcony at the hotel everyday. It was funny expected seagulls and seeing these beautiful birds instead.
I really like these bigger parrot type birds that we have got here as they still know how to enjoy life and watching them is when you can see this come to life.

Back