Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
A while back I post up a few shots of a Swamp Wallaby and I am not sure if this is the same one or a different one.
I say this as these are a long way north f their real range but there is the proof that they don't listen to these barriers and just go where they want to.
After these shots were taken we went to the fella's place who runs the local bird club and he said that we have got a couple of these in our area now.
If this is the case I think it is good as they will not eat themselves out of house and home.
And if you lookdown by the legs in these couple of shots it does look like there is a buldge there. And if so it could be the start of our very own mob in the area. I think it's a good thing to. So here are the shots taken on the 12-03-22.
Hattah 12-03-2022 (722).JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary 020
  • 383.4 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/30 sec
  • ISO 160
Hattah 12-03-2022 (757).JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary 020
  • 257.2 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/30 sec
  • ISO 160

So Ralph, how close can you get to these big boys? How do they react to humans? How tall would you say She is?

So Ralph, how close can you get to these big boys? How do they react to humans? How tall would you say She is?
I feel this one is a female as in the 2nd shot it looks like where the pouch is is hanging down lower as to say a little something is in there. But I could very well be wrong on this part but its just a feeling I have got.
These at best stand only at about 4 foot tall and on this day I was about 6 to 8 foot away. Needless to say they don't like being too close to us in any way. I am not sure if these will have a go at you like our big Red ones and I don't want to try to work it out either.
Hope this helps a little.

Back