Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
In this review over on the blog Bernard Déry takes an in-depth look at the Tamron 35-150mm F2-2.8 Di III VXD lens. If you already own this lens it would be great to hear your thoughts on it. Or are you still waiting for it to arrive? as I know it's sold out in many stores.

It is an interesting new focal range. For some people it could replace carrying two lenses: 24-70 and 70-200 f2.8 . However the main negative for me is the lack of a tripod collar. Even if it was optional (which would be fine for a lens like this), there should be a way to attach a tripod collar.

It is an interesting new focal range. For some people it could replace carrying two lenses: 24-70 and 70-200 f2.8 . However the main negative for me is the lack of a tripod collar. Even if it was optional (which would be fine for a lens like this), there should be a way to attach a tripod collar.
Google is your friend.

I was pretty PO'd that my Sigma 100-400 didn't come with one, moreso that it was well over $100 to get one from them, so I bought an aftermarket. Funny thing is I never use it on a tripod, I have it for a sturdier strap mount.

@Brownie Nice find. I am glad someone is making one. The plate appears to be Arca Swiss compatible, which is even better.

That's the same brand I bought for the Sigma, really good quality and a lot less than Sigma's price.

I am bumping this thread to see if anyone out there has this lens. It is one I am interested in.

I think they're awfully hard to come by. BH showed them OOS for quite a while, something about limited production. It's an interesting FL, and the max aperture is excellent, but it is an expensive lens. I would think you'd need to have a real purpose for it, like low-light action or maybe portraits. If memory serves you lose the f/2 aperture very early in the zoom range.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back