Name
Gary Finn
Country
Australia
City/State
Coogee Beach
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Maybe it’s not wildlife, though these are not captive animals. These “Temple Monkeys” hang around eating all the temple offerings, I suppose like they have done for an eternity.

It makes them very approachable for portraits!

GJF07350.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 135mm F1.8 GM
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 6400

GJF07400.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 135mm F1.8 GM
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 5000

GJF07282.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 135mm F1.8 GM
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 125

GJF07367.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 135mm F1.8 GM
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 12800

Maybe it’s not wildlife, though these are not captive animals. These “Temple Monkeys” hang around eating all the temple offerings, I suppose like they have done for an eternity.

View attachment 44477

View attachment 44478

View attachment 44479

View attachment 44480

Great images. Looked like a lot of fun. I'm still a rookie and trying to understand the settings relationships better. In the last image with the baby monkey's ear, I am curious why you shot it at such a very high shutter speed and very high ISO?

Great images. Looked like a lot of fun. I'm still a rookie and trying to understand the settings relationships better. In the last image with the baby monkey's ear, I am curious why you shot it at such a very high shutter speed and very high ISO?

Thanks!! I’m a rank amateur.

I have pre-sets 1,2 and 3 how I want them, so I can quickly adjust to something appropriate, and a moment before that shot I was trying to photograph bats in the cave…. The settings were definitely not ideal for a portrait, but I often use 1/4000 for small fast flying things with auto iso max set to top out at the 12000 mark. (My custom Setting 2) Then push the evo up a stop or down to suit background.

With these guys, you never know when they’ll move, so I left it on my action settings.

View attachment 44477

View attachment 44478

View attachment 44479

View attachment 44480

sort of are wild like the barbary apes I have taken shots of on Gibraltar several times roaming free although fed at feeding stations to stop them coming down the rock and entering homes, only difference is the Gibraltar barbary apes will happily
barbary ape 2022 (7).jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS (SEL70200G)
  • 79.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 200
rip your arm off if you make a wrong move or stare them in the eye

sort of are wild like the barbary apes I have taken shots of on Gibraltar several times roaming free although fed at feeding stations to stop them coming down the rock and entering homes, only difference is the Gibraltar barbary apes will happilyView attachment 44507 rip your arm off if you make a wrong move or stare them in the eye
Sissy...

Tim serious I have seen these rip lumps of flesh off people, they are so strong and aggressive if they feel challenged
Nah...it's just a little 'ol monkey. Buck up some pal! :ROFLMAO:

Actually, the look on that face says "Eff with me not!"

sort of are wild like the barbary apes I have taken shots of on Gibraltar several times roaming free although fed at feeding stations to stop them coming down the rock and entering homes, only difference is the Gibraltar barbary apes will happilyView attachment 44507 rip your arm off if you make a wrong move or stare them in the eye

I’ve been married. I think I’ll be ok.

I’ve been married. I think I’ll be ok.
Ok Gaz 2019 on the rock and the wife is doing what she knows she should while around the monkeys which is messing in her bag, a young monkey runs over and tries to grab it, and grab it does I fight the little so and so and get the bag back after 2 rounds before its mom turns up, I swear I would rather do 10 rounds of ear hole bashing from the wife than fight that little git, luckily no bites or scratches I mean from the monkey that is the wife that was different story.

Ok Gaz 2019 on the rock and the wife is doing what she knows she should while around the monkeys which is messing in her bag, a young monkey runs over and tries to grab it, and grab it does I fight the little so and so and get the bag back after 2 rounds before its mom turns up, I swear I would rather do 10 rounds of ear hole bashing from the wife than fight that little git, luckily no bites or scratches I mean from the monkey that is the wife that was different story.

I was absolutely terrified by women feeding and patting those giant water rats that frequent the river in Prague. Alas, we both got home safely.

Loving the third picture. Charming and colorful.

Back