The Big Switch - another Nikon deserter.

Nick Matthews

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Nicholas MATTHEWS
Never thought this day would happen, but then I never thought clients would stop paying me for 5x4 work.
Yes, old school, so Hi to everyone and thank you in anticipation of reading your posts and drawing help from them.
Looking forward to the Uk Photography Show, might Sigma offer a lightweight 70-200mm F2.8; one area in which there seems little choice (when considering weight?
Nick

Welcome Nick and thanks for joining up here. It’s a shame to see Nikon struggling really, I wouldn’t like to see them go completely, we need the competition. The Tamron 70-180 F2.8 is much lighter than the Sony 70-200 F2.8 and it’s a very nice lens. There have been rumours about a Sigma 70-200 F2.8 for a while now, looks like a 150-600 is next from them though.

Never thought this day would happen, but then I never thought clients would stop paying me for 5x4 work.
Yes, old school, so Hi to everyone and thank you in anticipation of reading your posts and drawing help from them.
Looking forward to the Uk Photography Show, might Sigma offer a lightweight 70-200mm F2.8; one area in which there seems little choice (when considering weight?
Nick
Nikon will always be about but for me it's about weight and arthritis and reducing the overall weight of kit

Welcome. Not been to a Photography show in years. I'm also a Nikon deserter, as are so many wildlife guys now. I'm sure the new Nikons are good, just not Sony good :) I'd like to see a new 70 200 2.8 from Sigma, an Art line maybe.

Back