Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
Tim, I mentioned this to you before. I would like to see you take the Aviation section and rename it to the title of this thread or something similar. Then, take all of the automobile, airplane, boat, train, tractor, machinery posts and plop them in. Right now they're spread out all over the place. Some in other Genres, some in sports, some in open talk, etc. I think you'd have a well-populated forum right off the bat with a very good chance of it remaining active. And the best part of it is...NO BIRDS! :ROFLMAO:

Can I get an Amen?!

I'll even let you spell it in the King's English!

Good idea. I have some nice old Steam vehicle shots to add.

Hi Tim if consolidation is the name of the game then why not combine BIF with non BIF also. This will enable those that have a genuine interest in the avian world to see all images related to birds, in whatever position, instead of having to hunt around in different themes to see the images of the same bird sitting, roosting or flying......it makes a lot of sense to do this, and at the end of the day birds are birds, and I am sure for those who have a genuine avian interest/focus I am sure will be interested in all positional images of the same genus/species.

The regularly expressed avian bias of a small vocal group,more focused on other photographic subject families, should not be the basis for satisfying the greater good/volume of alternate posts to the forum to say nothing of the forum administrative benefit this will yield along with forum member/guest convenience.

Appreciate your consideration of this matter.

Hi Tim,
Further to my previous mail and from approximate statistical analysis of the forum data I see as follows :-

1. Total number of forum reported posts to date ..............approx 21,000
2. Total number of reported Media items to date...............approx 10,000
3. Total number of avian related media items to date ... ...very approximately 4-5000
4. Bird media Contributers....................................................11 of the reported 20 overall contributors, many from the top 2 contributors.

As suggested the above stats would seem to support a unified bird theme, but invite your check analysis of the above data based on your
more extensive and detailed data availability.

Tim, I mentioned this to you before. I would like to see you take the Aviation section and rename it to the title of this thread or something similar. Then, take all of the automobile, airplane, boat, train, tractor, machinery posts and plop them in. Right now they're spread out all over the place. Some in other Genres, some in sports, some in open talk, etc. I think you'd have a well-populated forum right off the bat with a very good chance of it remaining active. And the best part of it is...NO BIRDS! :ROFLMAO:

Can I get an Amen?!

I'll even let you spell it in the King's English!
I'd not forgotten Tim, just having a think if I could think of a better name but alas I can't! So The Mechanized World it is :) I prefer the American spelling, it attracts more searches from the US :)

Hi Tim if consolidation is the name of the game then why not combine BIF with non BIF also. This will enable those that have a genuine interest in the avian world to see all images related to birds, in whatever position, instead of having to hunt around in different themes to see the images of the same bird sitting, roosting or flying......it makes a lot of sense to do this, and at the end of the day birds are birds, and I am sure for those who have a genuine avian interest/focus I am sure will be interested in all positional images of the same genus/species.

The regularly expressed avian bias of a small vocal group,more focused on other photographic subject families, should not be the basis for satisfying the greater good/volume of alternate posts to the forum to say nothing of the forum administrative benefit this will yield along with forum member/guest convenience.

Appreciate your consideration of this matter.
I'll have a think Ray but I don't think the themed threads hurt too much and they help those who shoot more perched than in flight and vice versa. The easiest way to view all birds in whatever position they may be in is to view the Gallery Category for Birds. This will display all of the birds posted into the birds forum.

I'd not forgotten Tim, just having a think if I could think of a better name but alas I can't! So The Mechanized World it is :) I prefer the American spelling, it attracts more searches from the US :)
Killing the English language a letter at a time ..😆

Thanks!

I'll have a think Ray but I don't think the themed threads hurt too much and they help those who shoot more perched than in flight and vice versa. The easiest way to view all birds in whatever position they may be in is to view the Gallery Category for Birds. This will display all of the birds posted into the birds forum.
igt nseem tere is a
Hi Tim the concept of viewing all related posts in gallery replies to any of the single or Group collection of subjects as it does to mechanical world or birds flying or sitting/roosting and in fact the common theme of birds whether BIF or not has a greater commonality than when compared to aeroplanes and tractors or steam engines commonality.

Your idea that the current bird themed threads help those that shoot sitting birds over flying and vice versa applies to a very few number of the forum bird shooters and again the media data shows clearly that most of the forums bird shooters shoot either regularly. From a logical pont of view I have yet to meet a bird shooter who consciously focuses on either bif or sitting birds and again the forum data supports that.

Anyways you have indicated you will think this through and I appreciate that I feel it will certainly simplify matters and support the many forum bird shooters with birds under a common theme.....

Back