Followers
Following
Name
Dennis R
Country
Canada
City/State
Calgary
On this day, my office was Bell 206 travelling roughly 200 Km/h (125 mph for the non-metric friends) through the Rocky Mountains of Kananaskis Alberta.

I have the privilege of flying in the Rocky Mountains of Southern Alberta during the snow capped months to monitor the snowpack for the upcoming summer's water supply. From October to May my coworker and I (and the pilot) spend 2 days every month hopping from monitoring site to monitoring site to measure snow!

This photo was taken through the helicopter's window, so there is some distortion caused by the slightly domed shape of the window. I think it gives the photograph a tilt shift look that I quite like.

What do you think?

_DSC0638.2.jpg

Beautiful shot, Sir! Now, what do I think? I think that every hour looking out of the window of an Aircraft is a gift. I am fortunate to have received over 18,000 of those gifts.

Beautiful shot, Sir! Now, what do I think? I think that every hour looking out of the window of an Aircraft is a gift. I am fortunate to have received over 18,000 of those gifts.
Thank you, Jeff! 18,000 hours is a lot of time in the air! I can only imagine the sights you've seen.

Awesome.

Back