Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Gary
Country
United Kingdom
I took this on a dull day 2021 this guy was helping himself to various fruits from my trees and discarding them after one or two bites, since then I feed him nuts daily when he is around, and he leaves the pears and other fruit alone now
squirrel 2021 4.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • Sony FE 200–600mm F5.6–6.3 G OSS (SEL200600G)
  • 430.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 1250

I lost a half dozen pie pumpkins, several acorn squash, and all of my plums and cherries to tree rats.

I lost a half dozen pie pumpkins, several acorn squash, and all of my plums and cherries to tree rats.
I LOL'd at "Tree rats". I lose many mangos to them every summer. half the time I shoot them with my Sony, the other times I use an airsoft toy for a non-lethal deterrent...

I LOL'd at "Tree rats". I lose many mangos to them every summer. half the time I shoot them with my Sony, the other times I use an airsoft toy for a non-lethal deterrent...
I have an airsoft, but they're so inaccurate and weak you almost need to be right up on them for it to get their attention.

I have an airsoft, but they're so inaccurate and weak you almost need to be right up on them for it to get their attention.
True but I'm ok with firing in their general direction to scare them off from my mangos. I considered upping my firepower, but as I said: my goal is to scare 'em off, not hunt them.

If I get that Sony 70-350mm lens, I'll be able to post up some pics like Gary's here. Dear Santa, I have been a good boy this year... most of the time...

Actually, I love squirrel. Original Brunswick Stew is amazing. Problem is I can't hunt 'em in town.

Back