Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
The newly cleaned and restored face of the clock in the Elizabeth Tower (home of Big Ben) looked amazing in the sunlight on a cold London Winters day. Up until 2012, the Elizabeth Tower was known as St. Stephen's Tower, but was renamed on the occasion of Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee.
big_ben_clockface_BW_Punch-4.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 100

Last edited:
Hey, Ed,
This is stunning.
What was your elevation when you took this shot?

Hey, Ed,
This is stunning.
What was your elevation when you took this shot?
Many thanks ST. It was a simply stunning day, the light was gorgeous, can't remember what time it was ;). I was originally in Parliament Square, across the road from the Houses of Parliament, just opposite Westminster Abbey. I took a number of shots of the Elizabeth Tower and the statues in the square from this location, including the one of the photographer in the gondola on the London Eye and the pigeon on the head of the statue of General Smuts. But for this shot, I crossed the road to the side of the Houses of Parliament and walked down the road and stood just opposite Westminster tube station. So this was taken from street level on the public pavement just beneath the Elizabeth Tower. It's a great lens!

Back