Followers
Following
Name
Keith Horkins
Country
Canada
City/State
Ontario
While I was in my local Pet Smart today I noticed one of the staff cleaning a tank that usually held live crickets, anyway there appeared to be a number of dead ones that she was going to throw away, so I asked if I could have a few as I like to photograph insects. Anyway she gave me some free of charge. Here is my first photo of one of said Crickets.. This little guy was no more than half a centimetre in size..
715729DD-A0C4-4E42-BFD6-803BF8ED342D.jpeg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
  • 90.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 800

Nice. I hate these things. I used to buy them for my Gecko, but they escape and live for ages. As they age they start chirruping amd it's incredibly loud and annoying at night :)

While I was in my local Pet Smart today I noticed one of the staff cleaning a tank that usually held live crickets, anyway there appeared to be a number of dead ones that she was going to throw away, so I asked if I could have a few as I like to photograph insects. Anyway she gave me some free of charge. Here is my first photo of one of said Crickets.. This little guy was no more than half a centimetre in size..View attachment 16868
I had a go at macro a couple of years ago and the spiders and bugs were even more ugly than my nightmares, so bees and butterflies ok for me

Back