Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Where I live the temperature will go well above 40 degree's C and we can have weeks of it there as well.
As at the moment even though I am sore the temp has be well into the 33 to 35 and it is so hot once you are out walking about.
Your energy gets drained just so quickly that you know you have to get out before sunrise and this will at times give you a couple of hours
of photography before you just know it is just stupid being out there in the heat.
If I am feeling it so would the birds be. So I have not seriously been out due to heat and injuries in I think now 3 weeks.
The next day that looks good I am going to get out as I hate this being cooped up in the house.
Women go shopping but that not my thing. So bring on lower temps so I can go birding.

That does sound horrendous. I'm not keen on high temperatures so I'm lucky to be in the UK although the mercury did touch 40 °C back in 2022. Thankfully it doesn't happen very often although who knows what the next decade will bring. The car was showing -1 °C this morning when I took my son to nursery. It has warmed up a bit since yesterday morning which was -7 °C. Hopefully the temps drop for you soon Ralph!

It actually sounds like my kind of weather! I'm an 80+ guy all day and have no problem with 90-95 occasionally.

But, I do hope you feel better Ralph!

Way too hot for anything really. Chilling in a cold lake excepted

days like that are good to work on editing past photos if that's something you're keen on, but I think you said in another thread that you shoot primarily Jpeg?

There's always food or product photography if you're bored enough. I once had a fishing pal who worked on his macro photography at home when the weather was too bad for us to go fishing on those weekends.

Back