Tripods and heads

M6edm

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Am currently using a 3 legged thingy Albert tripod , with air hed, but am not just that happy with it , Thinking of trying a gitzo but what one would be suitable for A9 , A7R3 for landscape work with Sony 24-70 and Sony 200-600 , am thinking two types of head for either lens but what is everyone using , TIA

I am using a couple of Gitzos that I bought years ago, and one has the RRS BH 55 ballhead on it and the other has the Wimberley II Gimbal Head on it..... A lot of times I prefer to just hand-hold, but yes, there are definitely situations where a tripod and appropriate head for the situation are absolutely necessary.

I am noticing that you didn't mention why you don't like it. For us to recommend a different tripod, maybe be in line with the same reasons you don't like Gitzo.
I'm using Induro tripod. It has weather shoes on the legs for the times you need stability. It has a rubber grip to carry if it's cold, the BH ball head is very smooth and can withstand the weight of an RB67 (Medium Format Film Camera)

I can post a picture later this evening

I am using a couple of Gitzos that I bought years ago, and one has the RRS BH 55 ballhead on it and the other has the Wimberley II Gimbal Head on it..... A lot of times I prefer to just hand-hold, but yes, there are definitely situations where a tripod and appropriate head for the situation are absolutely necessary.

hi so what Gitzo tripods do you use

I am noticing that you didn't mention why you don't like it. For us to recommend a different tripod, maybe be in line with the same reasons you don't like Gitzo.
I'm using Induro tripod. It has weather shoes on the legs for the times you need stability. It has a rubber grip to carry if it's cold, the BH ball head is very smooth and can withstand the weight of an RB67 (Medium Format Film Camera)

I can post a picture later this evening
I find it a bit flimsy and not easy to open and close the legs

I find it a bit flimsy and not easy to open and close the legs
Do you have any stores around. I like my Induro Tripod.
Take a look at their line up.

hi so what Gitzo tripods do you use

I wish I could find the model number on them, but I have looked in vain! They are old, though, made in France and bought at least 10 years ago......they're carbon fibre, so aren't awfully heavy and they have certainly held up well through the years.

Last edited:
Anyone with thoughts on a good BH (stand alone to add to current aluminum tripod) or a full set up specifically for travel? Size and weight are everything. Of course balanced by stability. I’m using an a7iii

I use an old Manfrotto 055 built like a tank, I'm just in the process of looking at buying a Carbon Fibre one, I'll let you know what I buy, it's a minefield out there.

I'm pretty tall and I need a maximum height that starts with a 7.

I've been using an old Velbon that I bought from Target over 20 years ago but things are starting to get heavy and long and I need something to handle it.

Back