UK Expat Alpha Shooters newbie living in the Middle East

• Thread starter Deleted Member 5003
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 5003

Good morning Tim and all - Newbie Deleted Member 5003/Ray Richardson, landed on the site yesterday, as a UK expat living in the UAE. As a prior Nikon shooter who has almost completed the somewhat expensive transition to Sony it is good to see the level of activity/engagement on the Alpha Shooters site. I feel I will be able to make a useful contribution to the site and look forward to engaging over the coming days. It is good to have a forum to be able to share my images, experiences and opinions as well as learn from other like minded shooters.

Welcome to the Forum. Ray.

welcome-captain.gif

Thanks for the very Naval welcome WeeMalky...appreciated

Welcome Ray and thank you for finding us and joining up! :) In the world of forums this site is really quite young still, but there are some really helpful folks here for if you have any questions.

Welcome Ray. Your name sounds familiar. Do/have you frequented other forums?

Welcome Ray. Your name sounds familiar. Do/have you frequented other forums?
No Brownie not generally, I haven't engaged much with other forums except for very fleeting and infrequent visits. I am on instagram however and have my own website which i am proud to say I designed myself but didn't do the coding......as opposed to using web providers such as Squarespace et al.

No Brownie not generally, I haven't engaged much with other forums except for very fleeting and infrequent visits. I am on instagram however and have my own website which i am proud to say I designed myself but didn't do the coding......as opposed to using web providers such as Squarespace et al.
Under the Account Details section you can add links to your Instagram and website if you wish. They then show up next to your profile details when you post.

Under the Account Details section you can add links to your Instagram and website if you wish. They then show up next to your profile details when you post.
Hi Tim How do I set my equipment holding under signature as other members seem to do....

Also, it occurs to me many forum members and guests query or llok for support on best characteristics from a camera and lens perspective -

what about setting up a thread which sets out to establish best suited Sony cameras(shutter FPS, resolution, dynamic range, focus speed etc)
and lens (by focal length) characteristics(focal length, sweet spot, aperture range, durability , aesthetics etc ) against certain genres
(ie portraits, action, landscapes, astro) in order to provide a ready reference for people wishing to buy new gear and looking for
alpha shooters Sony equipment input from both a practical and technological/future proofing perspective....The experience within the member
and guest knowledge base would seem to lend itself to such a theme/project

It could be a long term development and updatable thread based on members/guest collective experience/opinions input to
form a ready accessible tabulation .......?

Hi Tim How do I set my equipment holding under signature as other members seem to do....

Also, it occurs to me many forum members and guests query or llok for support on best characteristics from a camera and lens perspective -

what about setting up a thread which sets out to establish best suited Sony cameras(shutter FPS, resolution, dynamic range, focus speed etc)
and lens (by focal length) characteristics(focal length, sweet spot, aperture range, durability , aesthetics etc ) against certain genres
(ie portraits, action, landscapes, astro) in order to provide a ready reference for people wishing to buy new gear and looking for
alpha shooters Sony equipment input from both a practical and technological/future proofing perspective....The experience within the member
and guest knowledge base would seem to lend itself to such a theme/project

It could be a long term development and updatable thread based on members/guest collective experience/opinions input to
form a ready accessible tabulation .......?
Hey Ray,

You can setup your signature here. Please note that it will only display the first time you post in a thread, not for every single post. It will display again if the thread rolls over onto additional pages. That's just to help maintain the flow of the thread.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have a think about it to see how it could be implemented. Could you please post it in our Feedback & Suggestions Forum so I don't forget about it! And other members can also comment on it there.

Cheers!

Back