Why I will be keeping the 70-200mm f/4 G II !

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

AlphaWorld

Veteran Member
Followers
Following
Name
Tony
Now this just ain't fair!

In my head this image is the moment when you hold your breath, grateful that the apex predator has fixed onto the poor devil off to your right...

ApexPredator.jpg

This was shot with the 70-200mm f/4 G II lens. I didn't even have it on the A7RV - this is on the A6700. This lens and body together cost me less than I paid for the A7RV alone! And the combined weight is less than the weight of the original 70-200 GM alone (not the GM II).

AF using Animal / Bird subject recognition - the A6700 really does have the same AF as the A7RV.

Shot at f/5 (unintentionally - I thought I was wide open),. Lens at 177mm indicated, 265mm with the APS-C crop. Auto ISO at 800. 1/1000. Sky was 100% cloud cover, so the light was flat.

Cropped a little off the left, but no other editing. Scaled it to 2000 pixels wide so it would load quicker.

It's images like this which could make me wonder why I shoot full-frame. Oh, yeah, I remember...

I will be keeping this 70-200, too, dammit! So much for my plan to shoot the GM II and G II and choose the one I liked better :(

And the A6700 is proving that it can punch above its weight, too. If you need the lower weight, this smaller body is well worth considering.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back