WiFi link.

Ian

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Been trying to link my a7rii to my iPhone but can’t get it to connect. Tried following the in camera set up but no joy. Any resets or tips I can try. Was hoping to use as a monitor type set up. Thanks

I'm an android user so probably can't debug for an iPad, but it helps too do everything in the order suggested.
Get the imaging edge app on the iPad. Are you trying to get remote viewing going our just file transfer?

Either way, start with getting the file view/ transfer going. Once this is ok , the setup works for the remote control.
Goto menu, and the WiFi settings, make sure you're not in airplane mode, and select send to smartphone, and select on device.

Then start up the imaging edge software on your iPad, and do connect new camera. My setup doesn't do the Qr code, so I use the route to enter the ssid and password on the tablet that are displayed on the computer screen. The connection generally only takes a few secs and the I can view the camera images, download them etc.

If you don't get a connection for some reason, close the imaging edge app, and check on the tablet for available WiFi networks. The camera should show there if it's transmitting. And you can try connecting manually again with the password on the camera screen. If you can get a connection, for up the IE app and try connecting again, since the connection is already made you should go straight through.

Once this works, you can do some neat remote control stuff using the smart remote control app on the camera (you may need to install this from sony, but its free), fire this up on the camera, start up imaging edge and connect, and this time you'll get live viewing and remote control.

Chris

Thanks Chris, this is something I have been having problems with too so will follow your directions and try again. Last time I tried only managed a couple of seconds connection before it lists it again.

Eventually deleted the whole lot and reinstalled. Success at last. Amazing what a good tantrum can achieve 🤠

Ian, looking back over this thread it seems you achieved connecting your iPad via the Imaging Edge software. I was wanting to try this myself as my eyes just plain fail me using the viewfinder or rear screen on my A7III resulting in less than sharp shots.
Was your goal for image transfer to the iPad or image/composition preview on a larger screen?
Looking to see if this can help me too so your thoughts are appreciated.

Cheers ~ Peter

Back