Name
Uncle Kev 😆
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
My 2 Maine Coons out in the garden last week...
DSC07129 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 365.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 5000
DSC07130 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 338.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 5000
DSC07133 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 329.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 5000
DSC07151 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 4000
DSC07152 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 6400
DSC07155 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 4000
DSC07156 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 286.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 2500
DSC07158 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 4000
DSC07173 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 2500
DSC07174 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 6400
DSC07178 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 218.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 5000

I'm so jealous! I've got 3 American Shorthairs and one of them eats like she is a Maine Coon :ROFLMAO:

I'm so jealous! I've got 3 American Shorthairs and one of them eats like she is a Maine Coon :ROFLMAO:
Funnily ours really don't eat loads, being house cats. Our vet wanted us to cut back on their food until I told her how little they actually eat.

Funnily ours really don't eat loads, being house cats. Our vet wanted us to cut back on their food until I told her how little they actually eat.
Do they supplement their food by hunting when you let them outside?
My cats are 100% indoors, but they've done an admirable job of hunting wayward lizards and bugs (rare) that found their way into the house.

Do they supplement their food by hunting when you let them outside?
My cats are 100% indoors, but they've done an admirable job of hunting wayward lizards and bugs (rare) that found their way into the house.
No, as we don't let them out often or for long really. They are 100% indoor cats also, save for these odd occasions.

Beautiful cats. Are they affectionate?

Yes, daft as they come, though not lap cats (thankfully, given the weight!), they are also extremely talkative and highly intelligent.

I have only heard of them and now I can see what not one but 2 of them look like and in different colours making it good.
not being a real cat person I can say I don't mind the looks of these 2 and like your shots.

Here in Australia they are bringing in a law where cats have to not be able to get out of your yard.
They are being restricted to only your yard and its up to you to make cat runs and what every you do is up to up close enough.
Its not unfair as cats are know to be the ones who take more wildlife here than any other animal.
So they had to do it

I have only heard of them and now I can see what not one but 2 of them look like and in different colours making it good.
not being a real cat person I can say I don't mind the looks of these 2 and like your shots.

Here in Australia they are bringing in a law where cats have to not be able to get out of your yard.
They are being restricted to only your yard and its up to you to make cat runs and what every you do is up to up close enough.
Its not unfair as cats are know to be the ones who take more wildlife here than any other animal.
So they had to do it
Thanks. I like that idea with the cats too, as there are far too many feral cats here too, and they do cause issues with native wildlife here too.

As I mentioned they are the biggest killers of the native animals and birds out of all other things introduced here.
And this laws had to come sooner or later.
Yes there is a big kick up but as dogs owners say my dog is stuck behind the fence all day so why should your cat or cats run free.
It started with a curfew, as with all things it was laughed at.
People around here who are on block (Grapes,Oranges and the like of that) would at times shot up to 3 cats a night after their chickens.
The owners kicked up merry hell over it but when told what times they were shot they didn't have a leg to stand on, as they didn't lock them up at night.
People who have made cat runs have said its good to know you come home to your cat everyday and the cats seem to be much happier this
way over having the freedom. So it is now law or so close to it.
We have a lot of little animals here who have no protection against teeth and claws so the more they can do to save them I am all for it.

Seems fair to me, especially given that nearly every native Aussie spider or snake is out to kill you :)

let me guess spirit the grey ,sounds like a middle earth thing and willow the tan /brown or other way around

let me guess spirit the grey ,sounds like a middle earth thing and willow the tan /brown or other way around

Other way around. Spirit is named as she looks a lot like one of our old cats and so she is the spirit of Bagpuss. Willow was named by Amber.

Seems fair to me, especially given that nearly every native Aussie spider or snake is out to kill you :)
I will admit to that point but being honest with you the snakes are as scare of you as you are of them. So in most cases if you make enough noise just by walking they will go the other way. While at the same time there are a few they will back down to nothing. Them you give a wide berth. Spider to me are just spiders. I just don't worry about them.
I think most place have Orb spiders. We and I think other places have it too and it the Golden Orb Spider. It makes this massive web up and in the middle it has its larder there. Oh by the way the male is a quarter of the size and has to tread lightly of he to is supper.
But the web is a gold colour hence the name I think. But you certainly know if you walk through one as in most case it will not just break.
You have to use some force to get through, most times you see them but when you don't you know it is a web from one of these.

I recently found a Mouse Spider and its is just as venomous as the Sydney Funnel web Spider. And this walk walks freely in the bush so
this one you should watch out for.

Back