Name
Uncle Kev 😆
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Our 2 Maine Coons are occasionally allowed to wander into the garden, although Willow, the Silver one, rarely goes further than the back door. As she did this weekend it was an opportunity to capture some full resolution shots of her on the RIV. They sure are fluffy! (And big, Spirit is 6.6kg, Willow 8kg)
DSC09299.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 329.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 640
DSC09301.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 264.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 640
DSC09303.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 264.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 500
DSC09321.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 500
DSC09331.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 2000
DSC09337.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 422.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 2000
DSC09345.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 1600
DSC09350.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 1600
DSC09353.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 1600

I love Maine Coons, they're so majestic!
I had a cat that thought he was a Maine Coon, especially in the way he ate; he was about 10kg 😅

I used to have a Silver/grey/black Maine Coon; loved that cat! Best looking breed, hands down, IMO. Mine looked to be about same size a yours, but the tail fluff on mine was extra HUGE, nearly the size of the body. Had to look for ears sticking up, to tell which end of the cat was which.

Got him at a local shelter. I swear he would comfortably fit in the palm of my hand, really, really tiny. At the shelter they let me hold him; so I held him against my chest. His microscopic needle-like claws became embedded in my coat (winter time) so tightly I couldn't pull him off. So I had to either take him home with me or leave my coat at the shelter. Seriously, we could not get him to release his grip, for fear of hurting him if we kept pulling.

As I recall, he was so tiny, they didn't even know for certain his breed. And then he started eating, growing, eating, growing — and eventually matured into this big, beautiful regal looking Maine Coon. Who'da guessed you'd find a Maine Coon at a shelter. Magnificent looking animal! I carried him around as a kitten in my half-zipped coat for months. His tiny little head barely protruded past the coat zipper. When shopping at the Mall, talk about a chick magnet; when the young girls noticed that cute little face peering from my half-open coat, they would descend like flies to honey — over the kitten, not me! Darn.

Yours are magnificent also. Beautiful shots! They have that unmistakable exquisite face that commands notice. You know what I'm talking about. 😉

Last edited:
I used to have a Silver/grey/black Maine Coon; loved that cat! Best looking breed, hands down, IMO. Mine looked to be about same size a yours, but the tail fluff on mine was extra HUGE, nearly the size of the body. Had to look for ears sticking up, to tell which end of the cat was which.

Got him at a local shelter. I swear he would comfortably fit in the palm of my hand, really, really tiny. At the shelter they let me hold him; so I held him again my chest. His microscopic needle-like claws became embedded in my coat (winter time) so tightly I couldn't pull him off. So I had to either take him home with me or leave my coat at the shelter. Seriously, we could not get him to release his grip, for fear of hurting him if we kept pulling.

As I recall, he was so tiny, they didn't even know for certain his breed. And then he started eating, growing, eating, growing — and eventually matured into this big, beautiful regal looking Maine Coon. Who'da guessed you'd find a Maine Coon at a shelter. Magnificent looking animal! I carried him around as a kitten in my half-zipped coat for months. His tiny little head barely protruded past the coat zipper. When shopping at the Mall, talk about a chick magnet; when the young girls noticed that cute little face peering from my half-open coat, they would descend like flies to honey — over the kitten, not me! Darn.

Yours are magnificent also. Beautiful shots! They have that unmistakable exquisite face that commands notice. You know what I'm talking about. 😉
I do indeed. That's a lovely story too. We had Norwegian Forest Cats before, 2 of them, and they came from a shelter, they were 2 and had had an awful life. We didn't know they were Weegies until we got home and did a bit of research. They were beautiful cats too, and when the 2nd one passed I was going to get another pair as kittens, but I have always wanted MC's, and so here we are. They are truly lovely cats.

Beautiful cats Kev! Would love one but introducing them to Frank would be a challenge! He's not that keen on the neighbours cats. Thankfully they keep out of the garden otherwise there would be fluff flying everywhere!

Beautiful cats Kev! Would love one but introducing them to Frank would be a challenge! He's not that keen on the neighbours cats. Thankfully they keep out of the garden otherwise there would be fluff flying everywhere!
Cheers Tim. They would be fine with him :)

Back