Date of Last Revision: July 17, 2020
By posting in the marketplace forums you agree to abide by the following rules and best practices:
- AlphaShooters.com is a trading name of Alpis Media Limited. We cannot accept any liability for any losses incurred from the use of the marketplace forums. If you are a victim of any activity you feel is illegal then please report this to the site moderators who will endeavour to help you.
- Anyone deliberately defrauding other users will be dealt with. We encourage defrauded members to seek assistance from the police and we will actively assist the police to secure a conviction.
- You must be over 18 to sell, trade and buy items in the marketplace forums.
- You may only trade your own personally owned items which are legal to sell in your country. Advertising stolen goods will result in an instant and permanent forum ban, along with being reported to the relevant authorities. The marketplace forum is not a place for businesses to sell your used gear.
- You cannot increase your asking price in a thread from the original asking price.
- You must include the postage charge to within your country. If not stated separately it will be assumed that it's included in your asking price. Collection only items are excluded.
- Imported goods must have their original country of origin stated (because it will likely affect the warranty).
- Describe the goods accurately. Be honest. If you misrepresent the condition or history of the goods, then the purchaser is within their rights to demand a partial refund or a return of the goods at your expense.
- Negotiating should be carried out in the relevant item thread, once a deal is agreed you can then exchange personal details for payment and shipping/collection via private message.
- Never use an uninsured payment method. We would recommend using a payment processor like PayPal that offers buyer protection, but do not use the Friends and Family option to send money as this is not covered by their Buyer Protection. Please refer to PayPal's Buyer Protection Guide for further details.
- Ask for the history of the items being sold and if the seller has kept the original receipt and boxes as proof of purchase. Also ask if the item was bought from an authorized dealer and not a grey import which will impact the warranty.
- Read the item description carefully to fully understand what is being sold before making an offer in order to avoid disappointment. If there are not sufficient photos then ask the seller for more.
- Ask if the seller has a profile on another forum or social website that you can check to ensure they are being honest about who they are, most photographers will be sharing their images somewhere, if not then be very wary.
- Ask for a photo or video of the seller holding the item in a mirror.
- If it sounds too good to be true then it normally is!
- Never accept payment through an uninsured payment method. We would recommend using a payment processor like PayPal that offers seller protection, but do not use the Friends and Family option to receive money as this is not covered. Please refer to PayPal's Seller Protection Guide for further details.
- Make sure that your item/s is described in sufficient detail, including any marks or damages that a buyer may not be happy with if they have not been disclosed, details of any warranty remaining along with high quality photos of your item. Include proof of purchase if possible and state whether the item was purchased from an authorized dealer in your country or a grey import.
- Ask if the buyer has a profile on another forum or social website that you can check to insure they are being honest about who they are, most photographers will be sharing their images somewhere, if not then be very wary.
- We recommend that you only post items within the country that you are resident, we also recommend insuring your items to the correct value.
Site moderators might be able to help with trading disputes providing that the negotiation stage of the trade has been conducted publicly in accordance with our trading rules. If there is a dispute over a trade in the marketplace, please report the relevant post to site moderators and we will do our best to help bring the dispute to an amicable conclusion.
If you do not agree with these trading rules, please do not make use of the Marketplace Forums. Use of the MarketPlace Forums constitutes acceptance of these rules.