1. Yes
newforest_pig_garden-1_edited2.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/16
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 200

Not bad Ed. I think I would crop the tree and croquet set out on this , it's too distracting in the foreground for my liking. I would probably clone out the croquet hoops as well, but that's me. They would only be worth keeping if he was about to trip on one :D Title "The Impending Doom" :D

Not bad Ed. I think I would crop the tree and croquet set out on this , it's too distracting in the foreground for my liking. I would probably clone out the croquet hoops as well, but that's me. They would only be worth keeping if he was about to trip on one :D Title "The Impending Doom" :D
Thanks Kev - LoL :). I like the croquet kit in the image, gives it a 'real' feel. I wanted to photograph the people playing croquet as part of an earlier shot but it felt like I was impossing a bit, so I waited until they were done - hoping they would leave all the kit behind, which they did. The waiter was a great addition. I took a lot of photographs around the hotel, and with the 70-200 lens its pretty obvious what I was doing. One of the managers of the hotel came up to me and wanted to know what I was doing. I said I was a guest at the hotel and showed him some of my pictures and he asked if I could send him all my pictures for use in some of their documentation - he even offered to pay for the ones they used! So while I was photographing for the joy of it, I had in the back of my mind that some of the photographs from this shoot could be useful for publicity material. So, that is another reason I wanted the croquet set in the picture. I've sent them a load of pictures and said they can use them free of charge, just not to remove my copyright from the pictures - they love them, so lets see if they use any.

I like the croquet kit as well. It gives the viewer a hint of what's going on there and tells story. The contrast between the croquet kit (hobby) and the waiter (work) is interesting.

I would agree with Kevriano about the tree to the left though, but cropping it out may mean making the picture too squareish so maybe it's better as it is.

I like the entire scene, I think the croquette set lends itself to the setting. What I don't like is that your server is walking out of the frame. It's awkward. As a rule of thumb you always want your subject to be looking/walking into the frame, with more space in front of them then behind. This is true for animals/birds/people/cars/trains/airplanes. If you position them as in this frame, you would want something else to balance the shot, or have a reason for him to be there, like a group of people that he's serving.

I like the entire scene, I think the croquette set lends itself to the setting. What I don't like is that your server is walking out of the frame. It's awkward. As a rule of thumb you always want your subject to be looking/walking into the frame, with more space in front of them then behind. This is true for animals/birds/people/cars/trains/airplanes. If you position them as in this frame, you would want something else to balance the shot, or have a reason for him to be there, like a group of people that he's serving.
He has not got to the people yet give him a chance

New in Marketplace

Back