• ISO 3200
20231021-A1_09284.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 259.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 4000

Typical leopard. We are not worth an eye contact. Drives me insane with all the cats. I like the first shot. A cat with a purpose.

Awesome. We are currently looking at having a trip there next year.

Typical leopard. We are not worth an eye contact. Drives me insane with all the cats. I like the first shot. A cat with a purpose.
That first one was walking with purpose, busy marking territory.

Awesome. We are currently looking at having a trip there next year.
Not sure whether you know Kruger Park and how you are planning your trip. South Africans usually prefer the self drive option, but since it has been a very long time since I was last there and I don't know the Park well, I decided to go for a guided photographic safari, which was an excellent choice. Even those of my friends who know the Park well, were surprised at the number of excellent sightings we got, simply because our guides spend 150-160 days per year in the Park and just know it so much better. If you're interested, have a look at my blog where I detailed our 10 day trip http://etiennescamera.com/2023/10/28/ten-days-in-kruger-national-park/

Not sure whether you know Kruger Park and how you are planning your trip. South Africans usually prefer the self drive option, but since it has been a very long time since I was last there and I don't know the Park well, I decided to go for a guided photographic safari, which was an excellent choice. Even those of my friends who know the Park well, were surprised at the number of excellent sightings we got, simply because our guides spend 150-160 days per year in the Park and just know it so much better. If you're interested, have a look at my blog where I detailed our 10 day trip http://etiennescamera.com/2023/10/28/ten-days-in-kruger-national-park/
Cheers, we are definitely going guided. Either 10 days in a lodge in Kruger, or an 11 day trip that covers the three main reserves in that area. I'll have a look at the blog for sure.

First shot is a stunner Etienne.... (y)
Thanks, that leopard appeared unexpectedly, walking with great purpose and gave us no more than a few seconds to grab some shots, so this was literally the only usable shot I got, the rest behind bushes or only seeing his backside 🤣

Nice. I would love to go and take pics of the big cats in the wild.
Kruger National Park in SA is a great option for that and if you pay in Pounds or Dollars and make use of SANParks accommodation rather than the luxury lodges, very affordable. In 10 days we had 3 days of seeing the Big 5 in one day (if you count White Rhino as part of the Big 5, although I know that some purists only consider Black Rhino), saw leopards 4 times, lions 5 or 6 times, only one cheetah and Painted Dogs three times. Another great option for the big cats, is Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, where we have always seen lions, but the leopards and cheetahs a bit more difficult to see.

Back