A former photo magazine editor (re)enters Sony land

I've been out with my wife and camera every day for the last month.

She's very lucky to share my hobby.
I think you mean you are lucky your wife shares your hobby Dave, meh they all tell us they are cool with standing around watching us take shots mate ;)

Verity, my current wife has been by my side for over thirty years. We're both equally lucky in that, in the main, we share similar interests. The big thing we share is a love of the outdoors, other things sort of tack onto that, wildlife, travel, amatuer forestry and photography.

We were talking to an old veteran photographer in a hide the other day, and he asked Verity if she shared my hobby, she replied in the affirmative. He turned to me and said "you're very lucky", to which I replied "doesn't your wife enjoy taking photos" to which he said, " I don't want her coming along, she nags me enough at home ". At that point, I realised how lucky both of us were.

I feel that this needs a change so... how about that local sports ball team? That one player did that thing that was something wasn't it?

I feel that this needs a change so... how about that local sports ball team? That one player did that thing that was something wasn't it?
A change? This is the best friggin' welcome thread we've ever had.

Carry on boys, carry on!

My wife and I celebrated our 40th this year as well. Our approach is a bit different. Instead of sharing in each other's interests, we stay the hell out of each other's way! :LOL:

Verity, my current wife has been by my side for over thirty years. We're both equally lucky in that, in the main, we share similar interests. The big thing we share is a love of the outdoors, other things sort of tack onto that, wildlife, travel, amatuer forestry and photography.

We were talking to an old veteran photographer in a hide the other day, and he asked Verity if she shared my hobby, she replied in the affirmative. He turned to me and said "you're very lucky", to which I replied "doesn't your wife enjoy taking photos" to which he said, " I don't want her coming along, she nags me enough at home ". At that point, I realised how lucky both of us were.

Many people go through life with someone who they shouldn't even be with. Most of my mates who are married are pretty miserable overall. For some silly reason people view a partner in a strange unrealistic light. For instance, imagine being a bloke who loves golf and camping, if you knew a guy who just sits at home watching TV all day how often would you hang out? But they meet a girl who has opposite ideas on life so they get married, it's a recipe for disaster.

Now I've always been big on the two of you having separate interests as well because time apart is valuable, but on the broad scheme of things you should have mostly aligning interests.

Back