Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
We have got a water lot who put out a calendar each year. And it tells you that you are permitted one shot only and then you are ruled out.
I got mine in nice and early. Then thought nothing about it until a woman on the same bird page and is doing volunteer work for them .
Post up that she has got 2 shots in this this and as I was soon to learn so were 3 other all of which have things to do with them.
But I did find out that this woman had put in 10 photos. When I post my one it said you are now ruled out as you have entered.

To me this seems hardly fair that for one I can only post one shot (oh it never made it it) to these ones posting more that one shot.
I sent them an email and get the generic reply which answered not a thing. But through the year they will see a photo that maybe me or others who miss out.
Who it be okay to use you photo for what ever reason. I use to say yes go for it , but now it will be a very certain no to them.
To me this who thing stinks and the way it is being run stinks as well.

If it got back to being fair and one shot per person and then if you miss out so be it but to loose this way is wrong and I have cut all ties with them.
Except for the one they have with the local page And this is out of my control but stopping them using my stuff is not.

True self respect only does what it knows to be right, consequences aren't part of the equation.

You lose a group which only leaches from your life anyway Ralph, sounds like a win to me.

Put out your own calendar, you should have enough material.
I've made one for family and friends every year for the last 10 years.
Bugger the Water lot!

True self respect only does what it knows to be right, consequences aren't part of the equation.

You lose a group which only leaches from your life anyway Ralph, sounds like a win to me.
I think no sorry I know you to be right on this one. Thanks mate. Some time a different point of view helps so much as it has here,.
Put out your own calendar, you should have enough material.
I've made one for family and friends every year for the last 10 years.
Bugger the Water lot!
Mr. Greg this is what the wife (boss) has been saying for a long time now. So I will looking into it next year. Thank you so much.

Mr. Greg this is what the wife (boss) has been saying for a long time now. So I will looking into it next year. Thank you so much.
Do it now. You'd have them by mid-January, plenty of time left for good use.

Try Photobox.com.au Ralph. These guys will do a good job for you, nice and simple to get the ball rolling as well. 40% off till New Year's...

Last edited by a moderator:
Chiming in here to agree with the others and say, yes, sort through your images shot throughout 2023, select twelve of the best and/or your favorites, and arrange to have them printed for you and anyone else to whom you might want to give this as a unique gift. Creating your own calendar is really fun, albeit it feels daunting at first, and it is so rewarding. You will be able to enjoy it all year, as each time you turn the page over to a new month will be another special image which you shot.....

I used to do this each year, both for myself and as gifts for friends/family, but over time somehow slipped out of that pattern. I really wish I had kept up with this tradition, as it is truly something particularly meaningful and special. Do it! :)

I have a tendency to only allow good people in my life and I disregard anyone who I deem to hold no value. I believe that a friend will be there when you need them and vice versa, otherwise you were never friends to begin with. You have each other's backs. Every relationship has it's hiccups but the fundamentals should never change. You do not do wrong to people that do you right... ✅

Last edited by a moderator:
Back