mark.s
Newcomer
- Followers
- 0
- Following
- 0
- Joined
- Aug 21, 2021
- Posts
- 17
- Likes Received
- 37
- Trophy Points
- 13
- Name
- Mark Sturman
I asked on a Sony forum some time ago and got little response, other than I shouldn't use a blower, use a vacuum cleaner instead.
Apart from the frogtape, which I use for the flock style finish in the lens hoods and mainly in the house or when I travel in the U.K. the rest of it goes in the field with me.
The blower stays in a bigger bag of bits in my daysack/bergen, the rest goes in the small zip pouch and fits in my pocket.
The brushes are both ladies make-up/blusher style brushes because they're incredibly soft.
One has a metal crimp at the base, it's covered with tape and not for use on glass anyway.
I have no issue with changing lenses in the field, just taking care with wind direction, airborne particles etc.
The other thing I found many years ago was the sheer lack of electric plugs on Dartmoor or in the Scottish Highlands etc for the convenience of plugging my vacuum cleaner into.
And of course the lack of people willing to carry a vacuum cleaner for me, that one is a bit of a bugger.
I also clean my cameras and lenses quite frequently.
The amount of dust/muck which accumulates even between the body and battery grip can be surprising.
Does anyone else use a cleaning kit, clean/swap lenses in the field etc?
Apart from the frogtape, which I use for the flock style finish in the lens hoods and mainly in the house or when I travel in the U.K. the rest of it goes in the field with me.
The blower stays in a bigger bag of bits in my daysack/bergen, the rest goes in the small zip pouch and fits in my pocket.
The brushes are both ladies make-up/blusher style brushes because they're incredibly soft.
One has a metal crimp at the base, it's covered with tape and not for use on glass anyway.
I have no issue with changing lenses in the field, just taking care with wind direction, airborne particles etc.
The other thing I found many years ago was the sheer lack of electric plugs on Dartmoor or in the Scottish Highlands etc for the convenience of plugging my vacuum cleaner into.
And of course the lack of people willing to carry a vacuum cleaner for me, that one is a bit of a bugger.
I also clean my cameras and lenses quite frequently.
The amount of dust/muck which accumulates even between the body and battery grip can be surprising.
Does anyone else use a cleaning kit, clean/swap lenses in the field etc?