Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Birds A white wagtail (f)

Jabo

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Name
Jan
Country
Netherlands
A7403140.jpg

Nice composition Jan (y),
focus plane maybe a little off on the rebar upright at the birds feet...?

Nice composition Jan (y),
focus plane maybe a little off on the rebar upright at the birds feet...?
Thanks Ray. I'm not quite sure what you mean with focus plane a little off on the rebar. English is not my native language ;). Do you mean that the exact focus area is on the rebar and not on the bird?

Hi Jan,

Just an observation that the upright between the birds feet seems to be in focus and slightly in front of the

Main bird where there is a little softness on the feathers.

It's a difficult shot if you are not using spot focus. Wide and/or zone focussing will probably pick up focus on the fence element

and if your depth of field is narrow will lead to softening of the feather detail.

Just a point of interest and not at all / intended to be critical of your work.

Hi Ray ... thank you for your update. I agree with you about the exact focus point is at the rebar. I'm sure i did not use spot focus, which normally is my choise. But sometimes you try something else. I always listen to positive feedback, thank you for that.

Hi Ray ... thank you for your update. I agree with you about the exact focus point is at the rebar. I'm sure i did not use spot focus, which normally is my choise. But sometimes you try something else. I always listen to positive feedback, thank you for that.
Thanks Jan......in my shooting i always have in the back of my mind the sony wide/zoom focus algorithm of focussing on the subject at center or foremost in the frame and in shots with any level of foreground clutter in the VF i will always default to spot focussing to avoid focus drifting off from the eye of my subject. If however you have bird AI set that should overide the center/foreground algorithm and focus on your subject directly.

I find its worth keeping the above in mind, and i remind myself of this constantly in shooting, to avoid missing focus on those critical shots........

New in Marketplace

Back